JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Carrying a 380 is the any option is better than no option.
My wife and I were camping with my buddy and his wife. She made the comment that our other buddy had it right carrying the LCP, as it concealed very well in his front pocket.

I had been wearing a t-shirt and shorts all day, and proceeded to pull my government 1911 from IWB and said, "I'll take my nine rounds of 45acp in a full size gun". She had no idea I was carrying that all day.

@unionguy Ever shoot a Kahr P380? Maybe even have one? I'd love to see the 2 of those next to each other!

I love my P380! That is the hold standard for best, smallest pocket gun. With a Magguts follower, this is still an 8rd gun with a flush mag. I'm just wondering if the LCP Max, with 3 extra rounds, is worth the change.

@unionguy Ever shoot a Kahr P380? Maybe even have one? I'd love to see the 2 of those next to each other!

I love my P380! That is the hold standard for best, smallest pocket gun. With a Magguts follower, this is still an 8rd gun with a flush mag. I'm just wondering if the LCP Max, with 3 extra rounds, is worth the change.
I have, actually selling my p380 now! Great guns too, just never 'did' it for me. The LCP MAX being a bit larger width-wise really improved how it shoots for me. But, if you are happy with the P380, I wouldn't mess with it. I always go from this: the odds of me ever needing my ccw are extremely small...and then the odds of really needing 10 instead of 8...we are at microscopic odds now! Plus, I'm old enough to know: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Update: My 12-round magazine arrived last night. The size gain is very small and so it will still work as a very concealable pocket pistol in both my jeans and work dress pants with 12+1. This is just with the pocket holster that comes with it, I'm sure I could get even better concealment with a better holster, but I'm not seeing a big need for it!

P365 is the ultimate micro 9mm that is as small as many .380 pocket pistols. However, no striker fired pistols should be pocketed without a holster.
I've had a p365 and really liked it! But, I couldn't pocket carry that in my dress pants at work...the LCP MAX is shorter length wise and a lot lighter so it works for me. Honestly, just excited about the LCP because for me it's a perfect combo of true pocket pistol and shoots really well.

I've had a p365 and really liked it! But, I couldn't pocket carry that in my dress pants at work...the LCP MAX is shorter length wise and a lot lighter so it works for me. Honestly, just excited about the LCP because for me it's a perfect combo of true pocket pistol and shoots really well.
I love my LCP II...I have the Crimson Trace laser on it which gives me a level of comfort if I get into a defensive situation. It's also the easiest gun I have to carry pocket or IWB. Pocket in particular is SO EASY with this thing.

P365 is the ultimate micro 9mm that is as small as many .380 pocket pistols. However, no striker fired pistols should be pocketed without a holster.
The P365 is small. And maybe there are smallish 380's that are the same size. But there I just no way to capture how much smaller the Kahr P380 is over the Sig P365. It is significant in the pocket, especially in tighter pants.

However, it is actually too small in my cargo pants and shorts. It rolls forward which is suboptimal. I tend to carry my CM9 with those pants.

The P365 is small. And maybe there are smallish 380's that are the same size. But there I just no way to capture how much smaller the Kahr P380 is over the Sig P365. It is significant in the pocket, especially in tighter pants.

However, it is actually too small in my cargo pants and shorts. It rolls forward which is suboptimal. I tend to carry my CM9 with those pants.
Love my PM40!

I ended up getting it too. It's going to be my deep-concealment gun.

I ordered a Lasermax Gripsense for it. No pocket holsters available yet for this combination or maybe any LCP Max + Laser combination. So I am re-using my LCP II + Laser holster from Desantis. It fits very tight as-is but if you take out the stitches where I put that bullet in the picture, you can get a more comfortable but not ideal fit (still tight, might be tough to draw compared to how easy it used to be to draw the LCP II). But it IS an option for now.

Specifically, it is tight because of the real sights on the LCP Max versus the low-profile built-in sights in the LCP II. I'd have cut that notch out but I am not good enough to sew a nice seam to re-seal the material.

I emailed DeSantis to ask them if they'll be doing one for the Max and explained where I believed they needed to make room to get it to fit well.

thumbnail_IMG_3778.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3779.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3780.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads