Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

LC9S

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by twowheels, Sep 22, 2014.

1. twowheels

twowheels portland, OR Active Member

Has anybody tried one of the new striker lc9s? I had an lc9 and it was nice but the trigger was something of a challenge and I let it go in a trafe. The striker ruger could be nice. Any members shot one?

2. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Haven't shot one, but I've tried the trigger and it is both shorter and lighter than the DA LC9. A big improvement!

3. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

My wife and I rented a handful of pocket 9mm the last time we were at Sharps Shooting in Spokane. While I shot better with the Shield, the LC9S felt better in the hand and fit better in my pocket. The trigger is better than the Shields although with a longer reset. Overall I think that the Shield is a better overall pistol, but the LC9S is a better pocket pistol. I just wish that Ruger would throw in a second magazine for the price.

4. LaserMan

LaserMan Eugene, OR Active Member

About 4 months ago I bought a LC9, shot it a couple of times and hated it. Found out about the LC9s a couple weeks ago and traded the LC9 for the s. Shot about 50 rounds through it and really like the trigger. I have pretty large hands and it really doesn't fit me well, but the trigger is a huge improvement and makes this a great gun for someone with hands smaller than I have. I'll be putting it up for sale, need to pay for the Witness P-Carry I bought to replace it...