Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Laser Etching/Engraving

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by RedneckRampage, Feb 27, 2015.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere around Portland that will laser etch or laser engrave things for you?

Recently I was at the Sportsman's Show and Benchmade was engraving any Benchmade knife, for free. I got my knife done, and think it would be cool to get a couple flashlights, other knives, and maybe even the slide of my Glock done.

image.jpg

2. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

There is a guy here in Auburn WA who does "real" laser engraving, (real meaning not the stuff the trophy shops do which is just burning the surface, his laser actually engraves, removing material making the image embossed)

I believe he told me the only other shop capable of doing that sort of work on the west coast (on firearms) is Bye engraving who is in Portland.

3. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

Wild Bills Gun Shop.

madmax likes this.
  4. LaserMan

LaserMan Eugene, OR Active Member

He isn't quite accurate with that statement... I do both laser marking and engraving on pretty much anything you can bring in - firearms or not. I am an FFL-01, so I'm also doing it legally! What's the difference between marking and engraving? Marking is surface level and engraving penetrates the surface. BATF required marks are done at a minimum of .003" deep, most of my engraving is at least twice that deep. I'm in Eugene, give me a call and I can show you some examples.

IronMonster likes this.
  5. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

NWCustomFirearms likes this.
  6. Dazed

Dazed Coos County Member

Where in Eugene are you located?

7. LaserMan

LaserMan Eugene, OR Active Member

Santa Clara area, off River Road. I do everything by appointment, email me and we can schedule a time. laserimage at comcast dot net

8. GeneticPyro

GeneticPyro Auburn New Member

To be clear, I said I was the only shop I knew of in Wa doing this. For people down Portland way, BYE and LaserMan here are great choices.

IronMonster likes this.