JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there anywhere around Portland that will laser etch or laser engrave things for you?

Recently I was at the Sportsman's Show and Benchmade was engraving any Benchmade knife, for free. I got my knife done, and think it would be cool to get a couple flashlights, other knives, and maybe even the slide of my Glock done.

image.jpg

There is a guy here in Auburn WA who does "real" laser engraving, (real meaning not the stuff the trophy shops do which is just burning the surface, his laser actually engraves, removing material making the image embossed)

I believe he told me the only other shop capable of doing that sort of work on the west coast (on firearms) is Bye engraving who is in Portland.

He isn't quite accurate with that statement... I do both laser marking and engraving on pretty much anything you can bring in - firearms or not. I am an FFL-01, so I'm also doing it legally! What's the difference between marking and engraving? Marking is surface level and engraving penetrates the surface. BATF required marks are done at a minimum of .003" deep, most of my engraving is at least twice that deep. I'm in Eugene, give me a call and I can show you some examples.

There is a guy here in Auburn WA who does "real" laser engraving, (real meaning not the stuff the trophy shops do which is just burning the surface, his laser actually engraves, removing material making the image embossed)

I believe he told me the only other shop capable of doing that sort of work on the west coast (on firearms) is Bye engraving who is in Portland.

He isn't quite accurate with that statement... I do both laser marking and engraving on pretty much anything you can bring in - firearms or not. I am an FFL-01, so I'm also doing it legally! What's the difference between marking and engraving? Marking is surface level and engraving penetrates the surface. BATF required marks are done at a minimum of .003" deep, most of my engraving is at least twice that deep. I'm in Eugene, give me a call and I can show you some examples.
Where in Eugene are you located?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads