JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is Wyoming seeing the big influx of Californian's like Colorado, Idaho, Texas, etc?
We have had a 2.3 % population in increase according to the last census. Immigrants are higher than that number would suggest. So many of our kids leave for economics..

Some of them are from California. They seem to be more attracted to Cody and Jackson. A lot of new folks are definitely economic refugees here in Wyoming for the work and opportunity. I expect many of those will leave. As the Coal mining and oil and gas boom dies off.

We have a bit of a housing shortage in the those areas the tax and cultural refugees seem drawn to. Most of the intentionally transplanted that I have met or know are a bit purplish. Big on the outdoors and environment and fiscal conservatives with a social conscience that seems to lack practical perspective.

Most of the pratical folks seem to have come from Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia etc.

We really continue to have a 'Greenie' problem. Coloradans that are resented much like Californians are in Oregon and Washington, Idaho and here too.

Last Edited:

Wyoming Senator Lummis's latest endeavor in the U.S. Senate is the SAME Act, which argues if 18-year-olds can vote and serve in the military, they can buy a handgun...

...If passed, the SAME ACT would repeal a law that currently prevents adults under 21 from buying a handgun

Link ti the document: https://www.lummis.senate.gov/wp-content/uploads/HEN21641.pdf

Senator Lummis's latest endeavor in the U.S. Senate is the SAME Act, which argues if 18-year-olds can vote and serve in the military, they can buy a handgun...

...If passed, the SAME ACT would repeal a law that currently prevents adults under 21 from buying a handgun
Yes sir. I am liking her. If you are old enough to vote and go to war then it would seem we could find a way sort out the 18 year olds that are responsible enough. Not all are. Heck as far as I can tell most Americans are marginally competent. But there isn't a competency test for the right.

I play back and forth in my head with the idea of firearm safety training for folks... but that is a slippery slope too. These issues are more local to me than national. Yet then states take limiting 2A absurdly to far. Like New York, NJ, CA, etc.

In the end I think it is more about making training available in schools like we used to have like drivers ed.

Last Edited:
Wife and I looked at several places around Cody and west toward Yellow stone, but ultimatly settled in Colorado instead! It was a nice state, but the creep has drifted through the flat lands and ruined it all! At least the mountains are safe, turns out snowflakes don't do well at high altitude, that and a YUGE number of military live and work there!!!!

Wyoming Senator Lummis's latest endeavor in the U.S. Senate is the SAME Act, which argues if 18-year-olds can vote and serve in the military, they can buy a handgun...

Link ti the document: https://www.lummis.senate.gov/wp-content/uploads/HEN21641.pdf

IMO, once 18 -20 year olds have made it through boot camp they should be considered to have reached their majority (21 years of age) in all aspects including but not limited to firearms.

intro-1593378339.jpg

We have had a 2.3 % population in increase according to the last census. Immigrants are higher than that number would suggest. So many of our kids leave for economics..

Some of them are from California. They seem to be more attracted to Cody and Jackson. A lot of new folks are definitely economic refugees here in Wyoming for the work and opportunity. I expect many of those will leave. As the Coal mining and oil and has boom dies off.

We have a bit of a housing shortage in the those areas the tax and cultural refugees seem drawn to. Most of the intentionally transplanted that I have met or know are a bit purplish. Big on the outdoors and environment and fiscal conservatives with a social conscience that seems to lack practical perspective.

Most of pratical folks seem to have come from Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylva, West Virginia etc.

We really continue to have a 'Greenie' problem. Coloradans that are resented much like Californians are in Oregon and Washington, Idaho and here too.
My guess is a lot of those Greenies are themselves transplanted Californians who, upon finishing their work of wrecking Colorado are now moving on to their next target. They are like The Borg: they exist in stasis with a hive mind, their singular objective to assimilate all whom they encounter. And resistance is futile. Be especially weary of any who bear a RESIST sticker on their Pruis or Subaru Forrester. It's a trap!!

Remember being in line behind a guy behind another guy from Colorado buying a fishing license that almost turned into a 'should've brought a lunch' kind of deal. When it was finally his turn he asked the clerk if he had any 'Greenie' tags left.. The clerk almost choked to death laughing once he got it. I admit it,, I was snickering pretty good myself.

I don't get excited about these 2nd Amendment sanctuaries, they really amount to nothing.

Not that I think they are bad in any way, they just don't DO much of anything. Federal laws still apply, it just means the local fuzz won't be tagging along with the feds on a firearms violation bust.

Whooptie freakin do.

Wife and I looked at several places around Cody and west toward Yellow stone, but ultimatly settled in Colorado instead! It was a nice state, but the creep has drifted through the flat lands and ruined it all! At least the mountains are safe, turns out snowflakes don't do well at high altitude, that and a YUGE number of military live and work there!!!!
I lived in Denver 98-01. It was a nice place to drink as a younger man. SODO was happening. But I can't imagine I'd even recognize the place now.

Ok....if nothing else, the actions taken in Montana, regardless of their actual efficacy against Federal overreach, give us a whole lot less heartburn than the daily BS foisted on Oregonians by the rabid, out of control law makers (both sides now).

Yes sir. I am liking her. If you are old enough to vote and go to war then it would seem we could find a way sort out the 18 year olds that are responsible enough. Not all are. Heck as far as I can tell most Americans are marginally competent. But there isn't a competency test for the right.

I play back and forth in my head with the idea of firearm safety training for folks... but that is a slippery slope too. These issues are more local to me than national. Yet then states take lilmiting 2A absurdly to far. Like New York, NJ, CA, etc.

In the end I think it is more about making training available in schools like we used to have like drivers ed.

Then the voting age should be raised. This sliding scale of rights based on age is complete BS, you either are an adult with adult rights in society, or you aren't.

Ok....if nothing else, the actions taken in Montana, regardless of their actual efficacy against Federal overreach, give us a whole lot less heartburn than the daily BS foisted on Oregonians by the rabid, out of control law makers (both sides now).

I just don't want anybody to get any false ideas about what a "sanctuary" is - i.e., it is not a sanctuary.

A sanctuary in this context is: a place of refuge and protection

These laws/et. al. do not give you protection, they just give you fewer people that will be coming to kick in your door and shoot your dog - there will also be less witnesses when that happens.

By the time they shoot my GS's and kick the door we will be on a whole different trajectory. Wouldn't be any witnesses out here anyway. Just holes to fill. Parabellum. God Speed Heretic. Parabellum.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews