JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got an issue.
Love this kimber, but the damn bottom back corner of the grip rubs on my hand. Where the gun is pinned together.
Or something else?
It sucks
Option 1. Round butt it. You don't need any new parts, you simply radius the MSH and frame. As the frame is Kimpro II rather than anodizing, once the round butt is done, get the frame Cerakoted.
You can do this yourself... if you have an understanding of the 1911, are very mechanical, have a nice assortment of grinders, belt sanders or at the very least files and sandpaper. Oh... an artistic eye helps, because you're sort of freestyling it within safe design limits of the gun.

Option 2. Bottail it. Like round butting, but more complicated. You need a Bobtail MSH and you need to drill a new MSH pin hole in the frame... and new or modified grips. This is better left to someone who really knows what they are doing with a 1911... unless you do.

Cheers,
C

Ok. Thanks!
I see lots of other kimbers don't have this pin spot on it, and there grips cover that corner.
Pisses me off.
What about a magwell? I'm thinking magwell also, cause they seem to fit my hand better. Not to concerned about speed loading, just comfort.

Could be the aluminum frame. The weight may be causing it to be a bit more snappy. I shot one and noticed it snapped more compared to my 5" steel framed Kimber.

Grips for a magwell cover the main spring housing pin may solve your problem. If you round but the pistol you will need to purchase a new Main spring housing as your stock MSH is plastic and you will need a steel or alloy housing.

A Magwell still has the pin in the same location, but you use grips that are not tapered at the bottom and they normally cover the msh pin.

Grips for a magwell cover the main spring housing pin may solve your problem. If you round but the pistol you will need to purchase a new Main spring housing as your stock MSH is plastic and you will need a steel or alloy housing.

A Magwell still has the pin in the same location, but you use grips that are not tapered at the bottom and they normally cover the msh pin.

Ok. Well that pin sticks out a mm or so. Hope the new magwell has a flush pin, so the grip covers it...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top