Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR Kimber classic Oregon made

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by 284guy, Apr 9, 2016.

1. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

Want to buy an Oregon made Kimber 1911. I bought one when they first came out, and have always regretted selling it. Have cash

2. Oregon Quartermaster

Oregon Quartermaster SE Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Your inbox is full. My brother in law was the only one building 1911s there for the first 3300 or so. I have a 1996 Classic Model Custom, newer night sights, smooth rosewood grips. What's your price range?

3. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

I have no problem paying market value for a good quality piece. Ill clear out my inbox. Thanks.

4. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

Still looking

5. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

6. Oregon Quartermaster

Oregon Quartermaster SE Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I ended up pulling the ad. Sorry to tease you twice now. I can't think of a cash price I would be happy with, and I feel like I would always regret letting it go.

7. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

What are you looking for in trade?

8. orgreg

orgreg Portland Metro Area Member

I have a Kimber Classic Custom .45 ACP with the KIMBER. CLACLAMAS. OR. USA roll mark in the 1300 serial number range.

I was actually going to list it for sale, but I'll give you first shot at it if you're still looking because I want it to go to someone who would appreciate it.

The gun comes in the original box and is stock with the exception of a few Wilson Combat parts I swapped out: black Bullet Proof slide stop, black Bullet Proof recoil spring plug, stainless Bullet Proof GI-style recoil spring guide, standard recoil spring. I still have the original parts but wanted a gun that could be field stripped more easily like an original USGI pistol.

I also added 5 Wilson Combat 47CB magazines, which are black, full size, 7 rounds, with a low-profile steel base pad. These are the magazines the Marines reportedly specified in their last order for Colt 1911's a couple of years ago.

The gun is in excellent condition. I bought it from a local gun dealer who had it in his safe since close to its original date of manufacture and never shot it. He was the second owner, said but didn't think his friend shot it much, if at all. I put 200 rounds through it.

I'm in Hillsboro and would split the transfer costs at Beavercreek Armory if we could agree on a cash price for the gun including the Wilson mags.

Let me know if interested.

IMG_3084.JPG

9. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

Beautiful gun. Tried to send PM but inbox is full.

10. orgreg

orgreg Portland Metro Area Member

Thank you.

Sorry about that. I just cleared old messages and PM'd you. The message quota must have changed :)