KelTec PMR-30

Reactions
Nice review. I'm curious if you've taken the slide cover off and looked at the firing pin.

The reason I ask is that I'm on my third PMR30 firing pin with only 150 rounds fired through it. I noticed the pin protruding after the first 60 rounds. I never dry fire rimfire weapons, but who knows what may have gone on before I bought it. Called KelTec and they were Johnny-on-the-spot shipping me another firing pin free of charge. Put the replacement pin in and got through 30, then 60, but after round 90 the pin was again protruding through the firing pin hole with the slide back and the muzzle pointed down. On this firing pin I can assure you the weapon was not once dry fired. KelTec sent another firing pin out ASAP and free of charge. To their credit, the weapon was still functioning even with the firing pin broken. The only reason I caught it the first time is because I could hear the pieces dancing around underneath the slide cover.

OP
R
Reactions
No, I never have. From the outside, everything looks normal. I've had zero issues except when shooting lighter than recommended bullets. I've got about 600 rounds through this gun. That is something I'll keep and eye on. Thanks for the heads up.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom