JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I was handling one of these today and the mag WOULD NOT go in unless you depressed the mag release button first. Is this normal for this weapon? I have zero experience with this brand.

I was handling one of these today and the mag WOULD NOT go in unless you depressed the mag release button first. Is this normal for this weapon? I have zero experience with this brand.

You probably put the wrong end in first. ;)

j/k

It sounds like you had a first-run PF-9 on your hands. They had a weak mag follower, among many, many other issues which were all reportedly corrected in the following generation models. Even still, some tend to do it, and some don't, depending on the amount the gun was fired.

From a Kel-Tec super-fan site, Mousegunner's Review of the Kel-Tec PF-9 Pistol:
"The mag release may wear out quickly unless care is taken to hold in the mag release button while inserting the mag. Mag followers may wear on the front left corner if you allow the slide to lock back on an empty mag very often. The negative effect of that is that your pistol will not lock back the slide consistently after the last round in the mag is fired."

If you're considering this gun (and you should be), read the info there.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.