JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a Kel Tec 9mm for pocket carry and my Glock is too bulky. I took it to the range and it jammed 4 times out of 7 rounds and then the firing pin snapped. I returned it to the factory and they have had it a month with no word. I have three Kel Tec carbines that I love, has anyone else had problems with the pistols?

It's a good idea to go through the internals on such a light weight, inexpensive pistol, particularly if you purchase it used. The new ones are probably better than the first models, but for $225-$300 new, it's not as if they had a gunsmith custom fit them after final assembly. I found the KTOG message board sticky very helpful when I inspected my new PF9: <broken link removed>

It's a good idea to go through the internals on such a light weight, inexpensive pistol, particularly if you purchase it used. The new ones are probably better than the first models, but for $225-$300 new, it's not as if they had a gunsmith custom fit them after final assembly. I found the KTOG message board sticky very helpful when I inspected my new PF9: <broken link removed>

If you read the forum here even the Kimber Solo Carry is unreliable!!

I've had several KT's and all have been reliable. Even the P-40 (.40 S&W) with the .357 SIG barrel in it. It really jumps but if you don't limp wrist it you won't have any trouble.

Wow. Which Kel-Tec? I use the P-11, have only given it a thorough complete tear-down cleaning once in 12 years, buy the cheapest 9 mm ammunition I can find, and I have never had a jam.

Just recently sent it back to the factory for a thorough refurb, though. Had 'em do all the fixin's. Polished the feed ramp, lighter-weight trigger spring, etc, etc. I second bilge pump's link: KTOG is an excellent resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top