Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kansas to Nullify Gun Control

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Riot, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.co...s-in-letter-on-gun-control-nullification-law/

Eric Holder Responds...

Looks like not every state is rolling over like CT

2. Bacchus

Bacchus The Republic Active Member

Good news. This is no different than a state that decides to nullify any other infringement to a Constitutional right, such as free speech or freedom of the press.

I'm proud of Kansas.

3. Jablunty

Jablunty Vancouver Member

Wasn't Missouri doing the same thing. I wonder what happened with that?

4. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Your post was the first I heard of Missouri doing this...I just heard about Kansas doing the above the other day.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...aimed-at-nullifying-federal-gun-control-laws/

However...

Sounds like typical re-election stuff...I remember a lot of talk a few years back about states threatening to involk the 10th Amendment and breaking free of the US. Never going to happen without a shot fired. This isn't conjecture, I honestly believe none of us will ever see the state of Jefferson or any other seperation from the US without an armed posture...this is all just politics throwing around bills that get a lot of press and not a lot of results while money and rights get swapped and signed off on other provisions without a peep.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Jablunty likes this.
  5. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Unfortunately the Firearms Freedom Acts are really just protest votes. Most of the expert opinion I've read, even from pro 2A attorneys indicates they have very little chance of succeeding.

The FFA movement started in Montana, and the Montana Shooting Sports Association has been in a lawsuit with the feds for five years now which has lost at each stage and gotten nowhere. I believe they are waiting for the Supreme Court to grant or deny cert at this point. But the Supremes would have to readdress a number of Commerce Clause issues for the FFA to have the intended effect.

You can read the whole sad story at http://firearmsfreedomact.com/montana-lawsuit-updates/

Personally I think pro-gun lawmakers could pass far more useful bills than grandstanding with this sort of bill.

The fact that five, ten or even fifty states might pass them doesn't make a lot of difference. Personally I don't see the feds giving up control of firearms any more than they will give up control of drugs.

I hope some poor gun owner doesn't end up in federal prison with their newfound 'freedom'.