JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:s0148::s0148::s0148:

According to the Daily Mail, Ostrom, who insists his wife had "destroyed him legally," demands satisfaction on the field of battle where "(he) will rend their souls from their corporeal bodies."

He asked Iowa District Court to give him 12 weeks "lead time" to allow him to source or forge katana and wakizashi swords.

And his wife's attorney...

Bridgette's attorney has requested that Ostrom be given a psychological evaluation.

Who does he think he is, a samurai?

Ostrom is a Swedish surname. Someone get this guy a viking sword and a great horn full of hallucinogenic mushrooms so that he can get his ancestral berserker going.

Who does he think he is, a samurai?

Ostrom is a Swedish surname. Someone get this guy a viking sword and a great horn full of hallucinogenic mushrooms so that he can get his ancestral berserker going.
Well actually I thought it was the person being challenged that got to specify the weapons. But no matter! I'm in favor of ANYTHING that revamps the ridiculous divorce process in this country. I love that he offered to let his wife's attorney do the fighting. The world could do with a few less attorneys in it. :D

Well actually I thought it was the person being challenged that got to specify the weapons. But no matter! I'm in favor of ANYTHING that revamps the ridiculous divorce process in this country. I love that he offered to let his wife's attorney do the fighting. The world could do with a few less attorneys in it. :D
Maybe she was boning the lawyer? :eek:

Yes, you are quite right though. The challenged gets to pick.

Dafuq? Nutbar much? OK, I'll admit to defending the old institution of dueling, but that was largely tongue and cheek. (Didn't work out for my homeboy Hamilton.) But this is just sick. And why can't peeps just get along in marriage? Oh, right, evil headcases. Divorced one long ago. As bad as that human being was, and likely still is, I wouldn't want to take a Katana to her.

Man... I didn't even know this was an option!

The short term gains are obvious in and of themselves: I save money on the lawyer SHE shuts up for a few minutes (at least).

Long-term bennies include but are not limited to: 0 alimony regardless of who emerges the victor.

Also, worst case scenario (wherein I die), that voice never pierces my living brain again... EVER!

I think this cat is on to something

Go for it. Either a duel to the end with swords or take 10 paces turn and draw.

End it one way or another.

Actually I think this would cure of a lot of problems. Of course the law would have to read if you are the offended party or the offending party, you can NOT choose a person to take your place. If I had to actually put my tender hide at risk if I want to be an ninny, well.... actually nothing would change as when I look out and see the quality of my opponents, I might actually get worse just to get rid of the crack dealers on each side of me and the rest of the local degenerates.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top