JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never understood the attraction to rifle receiver based pistols? If they were full auto they make perfect sense to me. But for semi auto why would you want a RRBP instead of a good quality handgun? I would love a MP5... but in semi auto what is the purpose? Same thing with a Kriss Vector... why would you want one if it were not full auto? Are people buying these so they can put a stock on them for an illegal SHTF short barrel carbine?

"Different stroke for different folks" Myself, I agree with you. But, but, I was never going to buy into the long gun thing....too far to go to change the target! Hand guns only for me. i currently have an AK, AR, Swede Mauser, late '20, single shot Petron Mauser .22 ,Winchester lever....

"Different stroke for different folks" Myself, I agree with you. But, but, I was never going to buy into the long gun thing....too far to go to change the target! Hand guns only for me. i currently have an AK, AR, Swede Mauser, late '20, single shot Petron Mauser .22 ,Winchester lever....

I agree, I don't hold it against anyone for liking them... I was just wondering if I was missing something?

P.S. The Sweeds are some of my favorites, I have two 96's a 38 and a Ljungman. The Ljungman is a little bit of a pain in the rear... I have to look up how to spell Ljungman every time I want to talk about my Ljungman. LOL.

I have never understood the attraction to rifle receiver based pistols? If they were full auto they make perfect sense to me. But for semi auto why would you want a RRBP instead of a good quality handgun? I would love a MP5... but in semi auto what is the purpose? Same thing with a Kriss Vector... why would you want one if it were not full auto? Are people buying these so they can put a stock on them for an illegal SHTF short barrel carbine?
If you get a chance to shoot an MP5, you might try a double-tap multiple silhouette drill with it. The very fact that it was made to do the same thing in full auto makes it really, really good at it in semi-auto. There is next to no muzzle rise or recoil, transitioning from target to target is very natural and acquiring a sight picture is simple and very quick after very little practice. I'm faster on this sort of drill with the MP5 than with any other pistol or rifle I've ever used, including a Scorpion with an Aimpoint on it. And no, I don't have an illegal stock on mine. I have a wrist brace. Totally different configuration. It would be a very effective home defense gun, but it's current duty is ultra-fun range gun. People really enjoy shooting it. An AR15 pistol with a brace is a lot of fun too, especially with an upgraded trigger. 9mm AK pistols are fun just for the novelty and 7.62x39 AK pistols make a fireball that is so ridiculous you can't help but laugh. So I'd say the two main reasons are that the are often very capable platforms and almost always just so much fun! :)

9mm AK pistols are fun just for the novelty and 7.62x39 AK pistols make a fireball that is so ridiculous you can't help but laugh.
To be fair, short barreled 7.62x39 rifles are a thing for military use in countries that used them or still use them... Same for 5.45.

So for us its novelty, for them there's some use. Same for the 9mm AKs.

Now if there were .308 AKs on the market still... I can guarantee I would not have a FAL atm. I'm honestly surprised I haven't sold my AUG for an AK in 5.56, since I shoot my wasr the most. And I'm not even shooting the cheapest ammo through it...

To be fair, short barreled 7.62x39 rifles are a thing for military use in countries that used them or still use them... Same for 5.45.

So for us its novelty, for them there's some use. Same for the 9mm AKs.
Makes sense. I remember being pretty quick on the silhouettes with an SBR'd AK once. Just haven't shot them as much as PCRs, ARs and so forth.

Pretty sure it's a lot harder to make a MP5 clone than it is to make an AK.
Probably can't make one from a shovel. ;)
Boy am I late to the party lol
Apparently PSA is making a 9mm AK aswell.
First Impression: Palmetto State Armory PSAK-V (PSA 9mm AK Pistol) - Gear Report

They were also supposed to be making an MP5 as well but no word on either of these yet, go figure.
From the article:
PSA also designed the PSAK-V to take CZ Scorpion magazines, which have a slight curve to them like standard AK mags, thereby creating a more aesthetically pleasing pistol. And before you get all fluffed up and say, "Scorpion magazines are expensive!", relax Palmetto State Armory insists that they always considers affordability for the end user. They will make their own polymer Scorpion pattern mags to work with the PSAK-V. Expected retail price on the PSA Scorpion mags should be about the same price as a standard AR15 PMAG.
This is really good news. The Scorpion mags run flawlessly in the Scorpion and are very easy to load.

Last Edited:

Kalashnikov USA supposedly makes 7.62x39 ak but I've only seen shotguns for sale .ive seen the advertisement for the 9mm but have never seen of one on the market for sale.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top