JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone out there have experience with the kahr tp9 or t9. I am considering them for concealed carry options. I like the flatness of them,longer site radius and the awesome triggers compared to other compact or subcompact options. My brother has a pm9 that I really like but The grip doesn't feel right to me. I held a tp9 today and there was a generous difference in feel. I will assume for now that the tp9 ,t9 and pm9 will be similarly reliable with the two larger models being more accurate. I would appreciate any info from users out there would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, I have done a little research since I posted this and found that to be true. I was thinking earlier that the KP9 was the largest. I am only looking at the KP9 now. I really like the SR9 and SR9C because of the thinness and feel in hand but I hate all the safeties they have. I don't want to be fumbling with a safety when milliseconds count.

KP9? Never heard of that model. Do you mean P9? If so, you should also look into the CW9 which is basically the same as the P9, but with less exterior machining and different rifling which makes it quite a bit less expensive. The K9 is the all steel version.

kahr.jpg

The "K" series (K9, MK 9, etc) refers to a steel frame. The "P" series (P9, PM9, etc) refers to a polymer frame. Generally the same features, but lighter than the steel frame.

Many consider the T9 (steel) or TP9 (polymer) is a bit large for CC, unless you like "full size" pieces. You might consider going down in size to the K9 or P9 size. I believe I saw one of each in the Classifieds this weekend and available as used. Many people prefer going even smaller to the MK9 or PM9 size for concealibility.

The CW9 and CM9 series pistols are, as shown above, the "budget" models, lacking some features of the higher end ones. Size wise, the CW matches the K9 and P9 and the CM matches the MK9 and PM9.

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. My brother has a PM9 that if I try really hard is more accurate then my Glock 19 and I really like it. I was just thinking if I went up one frame size maybe I would make quicker follow up shots with similar accuracy to the PM9. I really really like the trigger on my Brothers PM9 compared to his PF9, but the PF9 fills my hand more comfortable. I am not as accurate with the PF9 but I am good enough and the follow up shots are significantly quicker and easier the make then with the PM9. I am a newb when it comes to concealed carry. I know most people want smaller and lighter ie. my Brothers PM9 and PF9, but it think for myself starting out I need something with a little longer grip. The Glock 26 fills my hand to much with out a two plus base plate and i figure it I had a two plus base plate I might as well be carrying my glock 19, also I dont like the thichness for inside the waistband either appendix or three o-clockish carry. Im just trying to make a good informed decision before spending my hard earned money. Thanks again.

You can increase the length of the PM9 with the Pearce grip extender that you can add to the six round PM9 magazine.

72857 - Kahr 9mm & .40 S&W Grip Extension 2-Pack Black

You might pick one of these up and try fitting it on one of your brother's PM9 mags and see how it shoots for you, with the longer grip. You can also increase the grip length of the PM9 by using the 7 round magazine that should have come with it. Each option will bring the length of the grip to the same length as that of the K9 or P9.

Most people will likely be able to shoot the steel frame K9 or the (shorter grip, shorter barrel) model MK9 better than the PM9 or even the P9. Its about the stability that the extra weight adds than just the longer grip/frame, I think.

The P9, with the longer grip/frame and 1/2" extra barrel length weighs only an ounce (16.9 oz unloaded) more than the PM9 (15.9 oz), while the K9 is over eight ounces heavier at 25 oz unloaded.

I own a P9 and a T9. They are both very thin. I haven't shot the T9 very much, but it's a nice shooter. The triggers on both are very, very smooth. However, the P9 is one of the best concealed carry pistols out there. You can get all your fingers on the grip, which is a big advantage over the pocket pistols that leave your pinky dangling. Even with it's light weight it is a dream to shoot with little recoil even with hotter loads. These are all great attributes for a single stack concealed carry gun, but by far and away the most shocking thing about the gun is how accurate it shoots. It has a 1/2 in longer barrel and a half inch longer grip length than a PM9 and it seems to make a big difference when shooting. Most subcompact guns are no fun to shoot. This one is a blast. To me it is the perfect size for single stack concealed carry, unless you truly want a "pocket" gun. Good luck with your search.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top