Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kahr PM9 Problem

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by 9mmMike, Apr 14, 2010.

1. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

Well, I bought a PM9 about 2-3 months ago, and loved the gun. I got a killer deal on a used all black one. Anyways, I was looking for a stainless slide model originally, and found a new one for a good deal and sold my Black model (which worked flawlessly). My new Stainless slide model does not want to feed the first round of a new mag very well. I know it's not worn in at all, but I didn't have any problem at all with my other model.

I don't know why I can't just stick with what I have sometimes. Especially since I only made the change for esthetics, when noone really ever see's it except me.

Hopefully this will work itself out with a few hundred rounds. I just really hope I didn't swap a sweet running gun for a problem gun only for looks . :(

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Have you tried different mags?

3. peterj

peterj Washington Member

Are you slingshotting the first round or inserting the mag then releasing the slide? The latter is recommended.

4. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Mine did that for the first 200-300 rounds (recomended break in) been smooth ever since. Try loading the mag one shy with a drop of gun oil on feed ramp while breaking in.;)

5. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

It works fine when using the slide release as mentioned above. My previous model worked fine either way ....

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Do it the way it is supposed to be done at first. After a while it will work either way. It is similar to the problem Glocks have at first with mags not seating when full. You just have to give it time.

7. Working 4 U

Working 4 U Eugene Active Member

I am looking to get a Kahr pm 9 and in my investigation the company recommends a 200 round break in. Most info I have read a few people have had the problems you are experiencing, but it seems after the 200 rounds the problem goes away. I have read maybe 2 times where people had to send them in to get the ramp polished, but they said Kahr had very good CS. Hope it helps. How do you like it, and how is the recoil. I am used to a xd sub. I am looking to get rid of 2 pistols so I can get one. I am jealous.
    Good luck

8. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Like others have said, it is a new and tight. After a few hundred rounds the recoil spring will wear enough to work normally.

9. nwhpfan

nwhpfan Hopville Active Member

With my PM9, I noticed when brand new if I inserted a full mag and released the slide, sometimes it didn't go forward-just kinda stuck. Went away after a few mags.

10. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

My P45 was doing the same thing and as previously stated, if you rack the slide like a sling shot, it should wear in soon. Good luck Mike.

Will

11. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had that problem with my PM40, and when I contacted Kahr about it they sent me two new mags, got to keep the ones that came with it, free. The problem worked itself out after further break in. Wouldn't hurt to give them a call and see if they'll send you some freebees!