JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Mauser
City
Kent
State
Washington
Looking for a k98 stock, barrel bands, bayonet lug etc to return a sporterized 98 back to original condition

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service

Minellis. Numrich has these on sale for $160. They are a good starting point for early k98k in walnut . Here is my 1938 k98k in one of the else stocks after some modifications.

3F7390D6-7344-4899-97E4-3090BAF4FEEE.jpeg

What are you trying to do? Restore a specific maker and era, or just looking for a shooter stock? I have a few original stocks….

That looks great. Well I have a k98 passed down that was a war bring back. They ditched the hand guard and all the hardware. I love the gun overall and have lots of ammo so I'd like to put it back to originally configuration

That looks great. Well I have a k98 passed down that was a war bring back. They ditched the hand guard and all the hardware. I love the gun overall and have lots of ammo so I'd like to put it back to originally configuration
Post some close up pictures of the whole rifle, stock, receiver markings, etc, etc. There were multiple changes and variations between mid 30s when they started making the k98k and the end of the war. Also, there were variations between various manufacturers. Pictures will help on pointing you int he right direction

Well, not bad. ,Waffenfabrik Steyr bnz 4 Code. These are pretty rare.

Also, other than the duffle cut, the stock seems in great condition. Good color and not sanded since the edges and acceptance marks are sharp. If the stock is matching the rifle, I would repair this stock rather than replace it. You can try it yourself, or send it out to get it done. I know a guy who does good work and is used by number of people on K98k forum. It will be cheaper than getting a proper replacement stock too.

Is the bolt matching?

You want late war (44) front bands and bayonet lug. Here is a BNZ 4 you can use as guide https://pre98.com/shop/pending-scar...ly-1944-production-matching-crisp-mint-sling/

Last Edited:
Thank you It's all currently matching of what's left.
Restore it then. Head over to www.k98kforum.com and post in the Nazi era rifles forum. A lot of parts for Steyr came out of Radom, so you want to find Waa77 marked bands, but since they won't be numbers matching anyway, any mid war set would probably be ok.

Here is the style you're looking for. Solid, not H shaped, and smooth front band, welded rear band. There are a few on ebay right now.

1658857626413.png Handguard should not be an issue to find either. Hardest will be the front piece for the stock, forward of the rear band. it may just be worth buying a Russian capture stock and using it for parts. You're in Kent. Check out WGS guns by JBLM. They usually have a bunch of RC stocks and maybe they will have a decent donor.

Also, in case you're ever thinking of selling or trading it for something.... I'm raising my hand ;)

Restore it then. Head over to www.k98kforum.com and post in the Nazi era rifles forum. A lot of parts for Steyr came out of Radom, so you want to find Waa77 marked bands, but since they won't be numbers matching anyway, any mid war set would probably be ok.

Here is the style you're looking for. Solid, not H shaped, and smooth front band, welded rear band. There are a few on ebay right now.

View attachment 1247199 Handguard should not be an issue to find either. Hardest will be the front piece for the stock, forward of the rear band. it may just be worth buying a Russian capture stock and using it for parts. You're in Kent. Check out WGS guns by JBLM. They usually have a bunch of RC stocks and maybe they will have a decent donor.

Also, in case you're ever thinking of selling or trading it for something.... I'm raising my hand ;)
Thanks a ton that's very helpful. Looks like the front part of the stock was cut off. It wasn't a 2 piece was it?

Thanks a ton that's very helpful. Looks like the front part of the stock was cut off. It wasn't a 2 piece was it?
Nope, it was originally one piece. What you have is what is typically called a duffle cut. GIs bringing back rifles from overseas cut the stock short under the rear band, so it will fit inside a duffle bag. The good news is that when you repair it, it can be almost unnoticeable as it will be under the rear band.

Also, if you want to send it out to get it fixed, here is the guy:

Jeffrey W Walmsley
Walmsley Stock Restoration
2114 W 37TH ST
Kearney, NE 68845
(308) 236-8969

Nope, it was originally one piece. What you have is what is typically called a duffle cut. GIs bringing back rifles from overseas cut the stock short under the rear band, so it will fit inside a duffle bag. The good news is that when you repair it, it can be almost unnoticeable as it will be under the rear band.

Also, if you want to send it out to get it fixed, here is the guy:

Jeffrey W Walmsley
Walmsley Stock Restoration
2114 W 37TH ST
Kearney, NE 68845
(308) 236-8969

Again, awesome. Glad I asked here. I'm going to call the guy up and see if he can replicate the laminate stock which I like.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.