JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For $600, I would probably buy it. My K-frame .22 is a British M&P .38. It was reworked, sights added, and rebarreld to .22. Very accurate, fun, and a for sure attention getter..

Victory22ad_zpsf4365cc1.jpg DSCN0076_zpsc09dda1b.jpg

I like Full Target 6" for a revolver like that.
Here's what I would be looking for.
Target Trigger
Target Hammer
Target Sights
Target Stocks
17-3 is a good generation
You can still find a pristine 17-3
Hard to find anything older that is "pristine".
S&W 6" BLUE K-22 MASTERPIECE MODEL 17-3 GONCALO ALVES CHECKERED TARGETS .22
I found one (K-22) in January for $785
Completed my trifecta :
K-22
K-38
K-44 (Model 24)

One thing I always check before buying is if the barrel is correctly clocked.

This article will provide more about the subject than most will want to know.
Revolver Guy
Yup.
Buddy of mine got burned like this. Not only was the front sight over around 12:30 , but someone had left plier tooth marks and a bent sight blade as mementos of their work

Back when I bought mine (in about 1979ish?). My revolver was a M18, K frame .22LR, ramped front sight with 4" barrel in blue. It was also called the "Combat Masterpiece". The M18 was used as a sort of trainer to the M15 "Combat Masterpiece" (aka K-38). Which was also a K frame revolver in blue, with a ramped front sight, and a 4" barrel, only in .38 Special caliber. The M15 was my issued duty gun.

Back then, a lot of Police Recruits entering the Academy had no previous experience with shooting REAL firearms. So having a .22LR was a cheap and low-recoil way to introduce us to firearms.

The M17 (IIRC) was meant as a target revolver in 22LR. Yup.....2700 Matches were still popular back then. It was easy to find a new one at the local gun shop. They usually came with a target trigger/hammer, partridge sights, and 6" barrel in blue.

Aloha, Mark

PS......
1661658999218.png
I tried to sell it back then. That price, is NOT today's price. LOL.

Last Edited:
Even if it doesn't time, the price is good. Might be time to learn how to remedy out of time s&w's, I did and got good deals on guns that needed a little work.

They had a pretty crisp 999 H&R top break for $ 300 .

Let it sit for now. I gotta buy ammo this week.
I had to LOOK this up.

Cate

I had to LOOK this up.

Cate
PS: My husband has seen these older handguns but I do not think that I have seen one in person or I had NO clue what it was when I was a Newbie in the late 90's.

I just asked him if he heard about them. We are having our morning coffee now.

Take care!

Cate

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews