Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pdxjohann, Jul 27, 2009.
Must be native judging by where it was found.
Fun_Gus.jpg (2.3 MB)
Where was it found? Do you have the scientific name of it?
These aren't the "shrooms" shrooms are they?
PLEASE do not experiment with eating mushrooms that you are not certain of! Just one tiny mushroom can turn your liver to goo for an agonizing death. Just TOUCHING certain mushrooms can kill you (Amanita Phalloides "Death Cup").
The psychoactive 'shrooms all have BRIGHT LAVENDER colored spores on the bottom edges of the gills, and all known mushrooms with lavender spores are safe to eat---if you consider getting wild-and-crazy without a hangover to be safe!........................elsullo
Honestly I have no inkling not even a tinkling what that thing is. It was growing in the worm bin (don't ask.) Striking strange looks though huh?
Elsullo, you are excited enough to know something. In the old hood, with lots of Polish neighbors, they would make a big deal to go mushroom hunting for the great tastes anticipated in a holiday meal. Notice though, those bands of hungry hunters would seem to drag along 90 year old great grandma to have enough knowledge to keep from poisoning the family tree. Elsullo, you help keep us safe
Excuse my emotional disturbance,,,,
But if this thing begins to scream : FEED ME,,, I'M HUNGRY!
Trust me, throw battery acid on it.
Separate names with a comma.