JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is where it was before the holiday started; remember- this is a draft, but I think it's good to know what direction they're headed in their own words. Presented here without comment.

"

Gun Violence Prevention

With 33,000 Americans dying every year, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. We will expand background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws, hold irresponsible dealers and manufacturers accountable, keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons—off our streets, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues.
"

If the R's had any sense, they would respond with a platform for "Violence Prevention", making the point that the tool used in violence is irrelevant, and that disarming potential victims is a bad idea.

But they don't have any sense. They are the Stupid Party.

33,000 people a year? The NRA stats factor out a number of unrelated data points and comes up with a more believable number. Hope everyone votes "R" this year. JMO.

Anyone who is naive enough to believe that D's aren't out to take our guns, that statement from their party platform is pretty good evidence they want more than just expanded BGC's. Our rights are in danger and the D's are the enemy. Unfortunately, R's aren't fighting very hard to protect us.

I hope the American voters have enough sense to recognize this attack on rights for what it really is - and what it may mean to other rights down the road. Do as you will this November, just don't pretend that the D's aren't out to take your guns.

My opinion on this platform is that their intentions are gonna be much worse than the description they reveal in the draft.

We know how Mr. Clinton felt about the "weapons of war on the streets" and the subsequent 1994 10-year ban that made no measurable difference.

In the current conflation between nut-cases and actual terrorists, the 2017 legislative season may make these summer days look like a golden age.

I do hope that the Senate can hold out, with some 24 (R) seats up for grabs, that the fallout from this years nomination process will not reach more than 3 seats lost, or there could be a real situation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top