JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is heartbreaking!!!! I can't believe that nutcase did this!!!

GRAHAM, Wash. (AP) - An explosion at a Washington state home has killed Josh Powell, the husband of a missing Utah woman, plus their two young sons, officials said Sunday.

Powell let the boys in the house, then blocked the social worker from entering. The social worker called her supervisors to report that she could smell gas, and the home exploded.

Powell was under investigation in the disappearance of his 28-year-old wife, Susan Powell, from their West Valley City, Utah, home in December 2009. He claimed he had taken the boys on a midnight excursion in freezing temperatures when she vanished.

More at link http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1913...cid=featured-1

Josh's Father is still sitting in jail for apparently what was discovered on a computer in his home. I assume he was denied bail and is still awaiting trial.

I read an article that implied the Utah police had made a new discovery and might be about to act, but we'll see.

Peter

MSNBC article this morning:
<broken link removed>

"Downing also told the AP Sunday that the children had started talking to their grandparents about things they remembered from the night their mother vanished.

"They were beginning to verbalize more," Downing said. "The oldest boy talked about that they went camping and that Mommy was in the trunk. Mom and Dad got out of the car and Mom disappeared.""

Copied from elsewhere and I agree 100%:

"This was badly mishandled and two young children died as a result. His death wouldn't matter. This visit, if for whatever reason just had to be held, should have been at a neutral site, such as a police station, sheriff's office, court,etc., where stronger security would have been in place. To send a female social worker to his home where he controls everything, who was probably not even close physically to him, may have been politically correct but borders on criminal. Someone should have seen this coming. This meeting should never have happened."

You are exactly right Rufus,but CPS doesn't really give a damn.Worse department out there.I've run into one of these workers that was yelling at his wife in the airport,in front of his kids.Calling her pathetic.Just the kind of person that should be dealing with children.

I am sorry for the custodial GPs ,but I must say,the nightmare is over for these two boys.They must have always wondered when dad would throw them in the trunk.

child protective service, childrens services division, what ever they are called in your state are absolutely the worst run departments ever. they will get all up in a persons business for diciplining [spanking] a kid. make a legal and financial nightmare, take custody of kids that should be at home with their parents. and then completely and totally drop the ball with kids that truely need help/protection from a really ugly situation. we have seen that time and time again. SHAMEFUL

what a horrible story!

Typical nanny state BS! Make sure we hurt anybody's feelings, make sure we dont offend anybody, we can't speak the truth if upsets somebody and we sure as Hell can't use any FREAKIN LOGIC or "common" sense! Please God in heaven, make it stop! It's tragic how the innocent always seem to be the victims of somebody else's stupidity, and this time the victims were just children! Unbelievable! I really hate hearing stories like this! There are not enough words to describe how far society has fallen!

they should go after the grandfather for 2 manslaughter or even murder, since he is probably involved and with holding information to the death of the mother and could have prevented the guy from having custody

Typical nanny state BS! Make sure we hurt anybody's feelings, make sure we dont offend anybody, we can't speak the truth if upsets somebody and we sure as Hell can't use any FREAKIN LOGIC or "common" sense! Please God in heaven, make it stop! It's tragic how the innocent always seem to be the victims of somebody else's stupidity, and this time the victims were just children! Unbelievable! I really hate hearing stories like this! There are not enough words to describe how far society has fallen!

As bad as the situation was everyone has rights and gets their day in court. Unfortunately, the kids paid the ultimate price for not getting their best interests aired out in court. However, the so-called nanny state had zero to do with a guy who, from all currently known facts, had this planned for sometime. The shame is nobody picked up on it. IF somebody ignored the evidence that he was going to do this then that is an absolutely disgusting and heinous thing.

I can't help but think the guy either had something to do with the disappearance of the wife or new about it. But the "nanny state" had nothing to do with this. The "nanny state" also didn't pour gas around the guys home and then around the kids, whack them with an axe, and then blow the house up. A deranged, narcissistic, mentally incompetent, private citizen did this.

channel 12 news reported tonight that both the boys had axe/hatchett type wounds to the head neck area. they also ran a clip with the maternal grandfather saying that he had warned the police, childrens services, his lawyer and anybody who would listen that he thought the father was dangerous. the report said that the boys did not want to go to their fathers and that grandma insisted they go. what a horrible turn of events. i cant imagine how the grandmother must feel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top