Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

johnson creek gun club

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by meowskiz, Aug 13, 2014.

1. meowskiz

meowskiz portland, or Member

Hey all, wondering if any members belonging to the Johnson Creek Gun Club would be willing to invite me as a guest so that I can check the place out before I invest in a membership.
    Ill use my own firearms, my ammo, not looking for handouts just an invite to use the facility to see if I want to pay for the membership.
    Thanks

2. meowskiz

boomp

3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sorry, my membership just expired August 1st. I moved my membership over to DRRC just so I'd have more variety in my shooting. JCGC isn't a bad club, but it is very limited - .22 rifle/pistol and handgun calibers only - no magnums (including .22 magnum) - 50' shooting distance only - no drawing from a holster. If all you want to do is hit a target from time to time, it's not a bad place to have on hand - and it's close in to the city. I just really wanted more variety in my shooting. It's also not usually very busy, so you don't have any trouble getting a lane.

4. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Im letting my membership lapse for the same reason, especially since they dont allow handgun caliber rifles either (except 22). Its a nice little range otherwise. Everyone I met there has been nice especially since it is not actively staffed (you have a key card to go in, you turn off the lights and heater if no one is left). The lighting is a little dim and the target holders are manually powered

Here is what it looks like on the inside:

5. meowskiz

Ah ok cool, good to hear. Yeah it's minutes from both home and work, so the savings from not having to drive out to public lands will more than pay for a membership.
    What's this other joint your mentioned you're a part of now?

6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

DRRC - Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - out near Eagle Creek/Estacada. It's a bit more of a drive, but I really like the shooting options - and it's far safer than public forest land.

7. meowskiz

Thanks for the vid bolus

8. meowskiz

Thanks for the vid bolus

9. meowskiz

Got a handful of 9 or 45 if anyone wants to shoot tomorrow...