JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I mean, the interwebz says that these are his rules so it MUST be true!

I believe #4 is my favorite...but #5 is a close second. :)

1. Money cannot buy happiness but its more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

2. Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard's name.

3. Help someone when they are in trouble and they will remember you when they're in trouble again.

4. Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.

5. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.

OP. Those are good philosophical rules to live by.

My personal rules....

1. Never trust ANYONE, with ANYTHING, that can be used as a weapon against you.

2. Never believe anything anyone says. People only tell you what they want you to know, so you'll do what they want you to do.

3. Only believe half of what you see. People only show you what they want you to see, so you'll do what they want you to do.

4. People, in general, are no darn good. Have low expectations. Let the good people suprise you.

5. Never trust ANYONE, with ANYTHING, that can be used as a weapon against you. (Yes, this bears repeating)

I do realize that I'm a cynic and kind of a grumpy guy. Trusting the wrong people made me this way. It's self protection.

The last person that I opened up to and made myself trust, played a huge part in my daughters death. Lesson learned. I paid a high price for it. Never again.

Oh. #6. Never fry bacon nude.
:s0001:

My personal rules....

2. Never believe anything anyone says. People only tell you what they want you to know, so you'll do what they want you to do.

3. Only believe half of what you see. People only show you what they want you to see, so you'll do what they want you to do.

4. People, in general, are no darn good. Have low expectations. Let the good people suprise you.

5. Never trust ANYONE, with ANYTHING, that can be used as a weapon against you. (Yes, this bears repeating)

I do realize that I'm a cynic and kind of a grumpy guy. Trusting the wrong people made me this way. It's self protection.

The last person that I opened up to and made myself trust, played a huge part in my daughters death. Lesson learned. I paid a high price for it. Never again.

7. If you break your leg in two places, don't go back to either of those places.

I don't really do rules of life...Since others and life itself won't often play by your rules.
Which may mean that you end up playing with yourself....:eek: :D

The issues with rules of life and such is when someone expects you to follow their rules...
Or that you have a expectation that your rules should be followed by others.

Living by rules can lead to a closed and limited life filled with disappointment.

I do have personal code of conduct...but I do not expect others to follow it.
Nor do I think that all of it will apply in every situation that I encounter.

I do know the secret of life :
Not dying....:D
Andy

Last Edited:
ANDY;

I once heard that the secret of life was death. "For without death, men would not strive to leave their mark upon the world.

Can't remember who said it though. Makes sense.

My personal rules....

The Tinman....has no heart....but does have nerves on his exterior....parts.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same."

Last Edited:
I don't really do rules of life...Since others and life itself won't often play by your rules.
Which may mean that you end up playing with yourself....:eek: :D

The issues with rules of life and such is when someone expects you to follow their rules...
Or that you have a expectation that your rules should be followed by others.

Living by rules can lead to a closed and limited life filled with disappointment.

I do have personal code of conduct...but I do not expect others to follow it.
Nor do I think that all of it will apply in every situation that I encounter.

I do know the secret of life :
Not dying....:D
Andy
Well if you're over 60, here's one you can believe in: Never trust a fart. :)

And here I thought is was...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

That's what he told Opie.

Last Edited:
ANDY;

I once heard that the secret of life was death. "For without death, men would not strive to leave their mark upon the world.

Can't remember who said it though. Makes sense.
Here is a good one about that....

"Cattle die
Kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise
will never perish
nor a noble name."

The Havamal
Andy

I've always followed the ideology of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". Chevrolet almost busted my arse on this philosophy. First brand new truck and it was a p.o.s. Trans would bark/lock the rear tires when coming to a stop and downshifting. Dealer said it's in spec, LOL. I fixed it with another brand that has a diesel made on this continent. Sorry for the off topic rant but I'm still a little sour.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top