JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Reply I received from Mae Huston

Dear Larry,

Thank you for your email of interest in a Jefferson County pro second amendment resolution, which I am in favor of. I am pleased to hear from anyone on issues of importance to us and as you might imagine quite a number of email messages have been received on this topic. In an effort to sort my messages I would like to ask if you might be so kind as to reply and confirm which county you live in. This would be helpful to me.

Thank you,

Mae Huston

Jefferson County Commissioner

66 SE D Street Suite A

Madras OR 97741-1710

Office 541-475-2449

Fax 541-475-4454

Cell 503-319-6304

congratulations on getting a reply. I've been sending out emails to the people that I thought represented me but not a single reply, not even a form letter. I guess they only represent me if I have their same views.

Tonight's update for JeffCo,

Please join us at the reading of the resolution tomorrow, 25 February 2015 at 9:00a in the Jefferson County Commission chambers. The resolution below is expected to pass.

Final draft of the Jefferson County Resolution in support of the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America.

Our thanks in particular to Sheriff Jim Adkins; Wayne Fording, Commission Chair and Alexa Gassner, County Counsel for their perseverance and dedication to this effort. It will be presented tomorrow morning at the Jefferson County Commission meeting at 9:00a. This support is in stark contrast to the myopic support/obstruction by the State Legislature as far as our Founding Documents are concerned.

Chair Fording will be presenting an ordinance which will have a stronger effect at a later date. The mechanics of getting an ordinance approved dictated that we go the resolution route first. We can only move at the "speed of government." Representative John Huffman stated that this is just one more example of Jefferson County's leadership among the thirty six counties of Oregon.

We also want to thank Kevin Starrett, Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF), for his statewide efforts in supporting our Oregon Counties to show support of the 2nd Amendment. Over 17 counties have now adopted documentation of their support of our rights to own and use firearms. Without the support of OFF, this never would have happened. Now it's our responsibility to encourage every county in Oregon to do similarly.

BEFORE THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE STATE OF OREGON
FOR THE COUNTY OF JEFFERSON
IN THE MATTER OF SUPPORTING
SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS Resolution No. ______________

WHEREAS, the Board of Commissioners of Jefferson County is sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the State of Oregon; and,

WHEREAS, the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America states: "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." and,

WHEREAS, Article 1, Section 27 of the Oregon Constitution states: "The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power." and,

WHEREAS, the Board of Commissioners of Jefferson County recognizes the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Oregon are the documents that protect and preserve our democracy and liberty and should be upheld; and,

WHEREAS, the Board of Commissioners of Jefferson County also recognizes that the first and last protectors of the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Oregon are the people of the United States and Oregon, and that the ability of the people to fulfill that role rests in large part on the people's right to bear arms as stated in the Constitutions of the United States of America and Oregon; and,

WHEREAS, the criminal misuse of firearms by those in the criminal element is not a reason to deny the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms by law-abiding citizens; and

NOW, THEREFORE, the Jefferson County Board of Commissioners RESOLVES as follows:

1. Jefferson County strongly affirms its commitment to the rights and liberties enshrined within the Constitutions of the United States of America and Oregon, especially the right to keep and bear arms; and

2. Jefferson County opposes any state or federal law that abridges or is contrary to the provisions of the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Oregon preserving the people's right to keep and bear arms; and,

3. Jefferson County strongly supports the right of the people to keep and bear arms as stated in the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Oregon and vigorously opposes any state or federal law that unconstitutionally restricts these rights.

DATED this______ day of ________________, 2015.
JEFFERSON COUNTY
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Wayne Fording, Commission Chair
Mike Ahern, Commissioner
Mae Huston, Commissioner
Acknowledged By:

Proud to live in JeffCo :)
Steve

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA