JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need help identifying this knife. I just got this knife from my dad who got it from his dad. My dad said that my grandpa told him it was a Japanese knife from a Japanese soldier. My grandpa was in the Navy during WW2. I tried doing a google search with a picture of the knife. No luck. There is no visible identification marks a can see. The sheath is wood. Any help with identification is much appreciated.

0507222017.jpg 0507221933.jpg 0507222017b.jpg 0507222017a.jpg 0507221949a.jpg 0507221949.jpg

I mean, that could have been hammered out by any one of the millions of people in Japan in their "garage" or whatever the equivalent was back then. So some dude made a knife and your grandpa shot him.

I would say it looks like a philippine barong. It might still make sense though since the Japanese occupied the Phillipines from what? 41'-45'-ish?

Possibly "liberated" from a Filippino by a Japanese soldier and subsequently "re-liberated' from his care?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads