JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need help identifying this knife. I just got this knife from my dad who got it from his dad. My dad said that my grandpa told him it was a Japanese knife from a Japanese soldier. My grandpa was in the Navy during WW2. I tried doing a google search with a picture of the knife. No luck. There is no visible identification marks a can see. The sheath is wood. Any help with identification is much appreciated.

0507222017.jpg 0507221933.jpg 0507222017b.jpg 0507222017a.jpg 0507221949a.jpg 0507221949.jpg

I mean, that could have been hammered out by any one of the millions of people in Japan in their "garage" or whatever the equivalent was back then. So some dude made a knife and your grandpa shot him.

I would say it looks like a philippine barong. It might still make sense though since the Japanese occupied the Phillipines from what? 41'-45'-ish?

Possibly "liberated" from a Filippino by a Japanese soldier and subsequently "re-liberated' from his care?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top