Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Jan 26th - City of Seattle 2013 Gun Buyback Operation

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by n16ht5, Jan 22, 2013.

1. n16ht5

n16ht5 Seattle Active Member

Come and participate with the RCBC - Responsible Citizens Buyback Coalition to help "get the guns off the streets" and into responsible citizens' safes.

Let's do our part to help the Seattle Police and the community. :thumbup:

Seattle-King County Gun Safety Initiative FAQ

What is the Gun Buyback initiative?

The citywide gun buyback initiative will reward voluntary surrender of firearms, while engaging our communities towards a common goal of reducing gun violence. In partnership with the Seattle Police Department, community and faith based organizations, the gun buyback effort will secure centralized locations where individuals can surrender their firearms-no questions asked.

Where are the locations?

The Gun BuyBack will be located at 600 7th Ave in the Republic Parking Lot. Signs will be posted on site with specific directions.

What are the times?

The first Gun Buyback will take place on Saturday, January 26, 2013. The event will run from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm, or until the gift cards have been exhausted.

2. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

Wish I had some spare cash.
    Heck.. I might make up some more pro gun signs and stand there protesting the "buyback"..
    A thought anyway, I hate these things. Fair drive for me to go down to protest it.

3. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Have you guys heard about the Assualt Banana buy back that is going to be going on at the same time and location as a Lampon to the buy back? Be sure to drop by with your Bananas they will be destroyed and made into Banana Bread to give to the food bank.

It was on Lars Larson this afternoon check out his Face book page for details

4. MrFiux

MrFiux Tillamook County Member

Can people do FTF buys in Seattle WA? I got a couple of grand I could spend on cheap ARs and AKs

5. gehrheart

yep totally legal.

If I had the cash I would be there. Flashing a $100 bill at them.. Pick and choose only what I wanted.

6. gehrheart

I might even go down anyway, pending family plans, just to stand there with my signs and flag!

I really hate these events!

7. MrFiux

MrFiux Tillamook County Member

Shoot that is awesome, too bad its so far away from me. Anyone from Oregon want to do a group car pool?

8. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

As an Oregon resident, you can't legally buy a gun from a Washington resident in a FTF deal.

9. schibbyzoltan

schibbyzoltan Seattle, WA Member

So could I legally go there outside the building and offer people with rifles or shotguns $125 and take the gun off their hands instead?

10. gehrheart

Yes you can.

As a Washington Res, you can do a face to face purchace of a firearm from another Washington res.

Offer cash instead of a gift certifacte... sue you would have some takers on that. Legaly, there is nothing wrong with it!

11. Selous Scout

Selous Scout Bothell, WA New Member

So is there a group from here bringing signs and/or a table for the buyback? I think I'd like to attend and see what I could get. I'm not sure I'd like the potential media attention though.

12. n16ht5

n16ht5 Seattle Active Member

I'll be there with a sign or two.. debating tables.. If you want to bring some tables that would be great. We are going with the motto of getting guns off the streets and into our safes. Who's in?

13. Selous Scout

Selous Scout Bothell, WA New Member

I will definitely try to make it but I doubt I'll be there for the whole day.