JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My last three purchases:

Left to right:

M&P 9L with factory night sights and the Apex DCAEK (Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit) trigger pack

M&P 9C with factory Crimson Trace Laser Grip and the Apex DCAEK

M&P 45 that I picked up at a gun show a couple weeks ago. Nothing done to it yet, but it will get a new slide lock lever (the kind that provides a positive trigger reset) and the Apex DCAEK.

I like the Apex kit :)

IMG_20140513_121246_949_zps20d5e861.jpg

I like them too. I honestly don't own one (yet) but plan on one in .40 in the near future.

You should try the FSS trigger... for a striker fired pistol its about as good as you can get. Very little take up, crisp break and almost no over travel. With the supplied springs mine is right at 5.25 lbs but I've heard putting in the stock spring will lessen the pull to around 3 lbs.

The last gun I purchased was a S&W M&P 40c. I put a 357sig barrel in it and I love shooting and reloading
357sig. In fact that is my current carry weapon. Love the trigger pull and the accuracy with both .40 and 357sig.

The last gun I purchased was a S&W M&P 40c. I put a 357sig barrel in it and I love shooting and reloading
357sig. In fact that is my current carry weapon. Love the trigger pull and the accuracy with both .40 and 357sig.

Do you carry it with the .357 sig conversion or the stock .40 configuration? I've thought about getting a .357 sig barrel for my glock 23 since the conversion is so easy.

I liked the way the 357sig shot so much that I carry with the 357sig. I had to order some carry ammo online. It is really difficult to find 357sig ammo on a store shelf. I have 100 rounds reloaded that I plan to take to the range this weekend. Think I will shoot 50 357sig and then change barrels and shoot some .40.

I to have a love of M&P's

They are a great series. The standardized operation makes it easy to jump from one size to the next. They all feel very familiar. Even the little shield.

Top Left: M&P22 full size with SWR suppressor. It's known to make grown men giggle.
Top Right: M&P9 plain jane.
Bottom Left: M&p9c Slide machined by ATEI and a Trijicon RMR on top. Its so easy to shoot distance with this short barrel.
Bottom Right: M&P9 Shield a very comfortable concealed carry companion.

Oh, This is my door step….. Its called and unwelcome mat. A fun conversation starter.

20141004_125040_zps946b062d.jpg 20141004_125111_zps58180291.jpg

Another fan of M&Ps and the Apex DCAEK here! For you guys with the M&P22, how are those holding up? I've thought about getting one to replace (or go with) my Ruger 22/45 since it's same shape as the M&P and has a ambi safety, but one appeal of the Ruger is that it is a solid, long lasting gun. (and I realize the trigger won't be similar to my APEX outfitted gun)

(and apologies for the slight derail, the pictures of .22s reminded me of that question)

I have put well over 1500 rnds through mine, most of it Remington Golden bulk. It still looks pretty much like new. Runs great too. Had 4 FTF, probably because the ammo was over 10 years old. That is it for problems. The only ammo I have not been able to get it to work with was that red box cheap Federal. I bought mine primarily to teach my 7 year old daughter to shoot with, and to practice with on the cheap. I am extremely pleased with mine. I suspect that it will last a good long time.

They can get really dirty during a long range day or when shooting suppressed. You can feel the slide start to slow down and you know its time to clean. The only issue I have had with my .22 is that the rear sight came loose. I didnt want to mess with it because the slide is aluminum. S&W gave it a free ride to the factory and it came back good as new.

S&W recently rolled out a second .22 in the M&P line. They now have a full size and compact .22 pistol.

Just picked up an m&p 9 fs with night sights and three mags for a killer deal. I was concerned about the trigger but this one has a decent trigger. Gritty as Hell but nothing I can't live with.

Pick up some snap cap and watch your favorite movie while working in that trigger. It will get better.

Been working on it. Other than the grit I really like this trigger, it feels like my old G17 but not as forceful of a reset. It's still there audible and tactile though if it turns out to be reliable I might just have to be an M&Ptard.

I went and bought a M&P9 because of my liking the M&P22 so much. The ergonomics is what I really dig. In fact when we took it out my 7 year old daughter shot it before I even did. I let her shoot five Hydrashocks into a pumkin. Now it has had 150 rounds through it with out an issue.

Uhh, what's with all the M&P love? Huh?

From a 1911 man I gotta say that the M&P Shield that was handed to me felt funny in the hand. The front of the grip was pretty "pointy" and thin.

Then I shot it. I was thrilled with how well it shot. Very accurate with such a short barrel. I've never shot a small gun this well.

Sold the other "crap" I had and had been carrying. (No, not my 1911!)

So, when I feel it's easier to carry a smaller pistol than my CBOB, the Shield 40 is my choice and I don't feel that I've really limited myself.

If the rest of the M&P line is as good as my Shield, Smith has "hit it out of the park".

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top