JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I just took in a 1941 Ithaca 37T on trade for my son. He traded his youth model 870 clone for it. The Ithaca is in 20 guage with an extra barrel marked S. The reciever is T marked right above the serial number. One barrel is marked T with an odd looking muzzle break/poly choke looking device on the business end with a removable choke that unscrews from the end. It is marked mod with the T above. The other barrel looks normal and is marked imp cyl with an S above it. Both barrels have double beads on a raised vent rib. The shotgun has beautiful wood stocks with a high luster finish, the reciever has engraving with a pheasant hunting scene on one side and duck scene on the other. The blueing is in pretty good shape for its age but it was made in 41 according to what I can find on the internet. My question and purpose of this thread is what is it worth? Also I would like to know anything else I could learn about these shotguns. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to the community in advance!

It is worth what he paid for it, and if in good working condition, probably more.

I had an Ithaca model 37 Deerslayer that I later bought a 26" Mod choke vent rib barrel for.... they are very nice shotguns, if slightly more utilitarian than a wood stocked 870. Esp for lefties because they eject out the bottom (IIRC). The worry would be whether parts are available if/when anything goes wrong. These shotguns work well and have a very strong action. I'm trying to remember if they have dual slide rods but I can't be sure.

Although poly chokes work very well, I never liked sighting down a barrel that had one.

What would the boy like to do with his new tool?

I think these also slamfire ( hold trigger down and pump firinging at end of stroke till eempty ) I havent shot mine in so long I dont remember for sure or if it was only the riot gun .

It's probably worth $300-$400. Maybe $500 with the extra barrel. I have a 1947 model 37 Ithaca 20 ga., 28 inch, full choke, and you couldn't buy it from me for $800. It is my favorite on doves and quail. Very fast and feels like pointing your finger. The action is butter smooth. Shoot it and love it.
GunInv2016-Ithaca1.jpg

That is it. With the S marked barrel on it. The T marked barrel I found doesnt have a poly choke it's some kind of factory compensator from what I'm finding. Pretty cool!

Cool old 37, with that poly choke barrel what couldn't you hunt?

I've got a 1962 20 ga. Mod. that is my favorite bird shotgun. Lefty friendly bottom eject, light, swings easy, smooth, slamfire and a $20 LH safety kit from Ithaca.

seeing as 20s seem to bring more than 12's and condition and 2 barrels I'd say $400-500

Have fun with that :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top