JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A nice JM marked . pre-safety 336 Carbine in .30-30...
In fact that might good for any given year...:D
Andy

I like the way you think. If we are ever in 1978, we should team up. Well, actually, I was around in that year, but I was very little, so probably not much help in the zombie uprising.

On a tangent, thinking of the years after this period, number two brother returned home from Basic training and he was singing this song that had a line about a tough hombre who was "born swinging a chain". Being young I took it way too literally, and inquired, "where would this guy have found a chain in his mother?" :s0112:

In '78 I had a Bushmaster Arm pistol.

Wowzer, the "Arm pistol" takes me back. An old book I've been reading mentions a couple different versions of said. :)

Well, can't argue with that. Though it came out in 1977, this one would be fitting for when there is the overflow in Hades:

Oh man I remember the Great Blizzard of '78 ....the water mains froze , then burst on my street...man that was a mess.
Andy

Yah, I remember it a little bit. We went cross country skiing on a bit of the highway (rt128) just for fun.

Stock interwebs photo taken at the highway thru my hometown just outside Boston. Folks had to abandon there vehicles:

B4E3F5CF-C33A-4BBB-B7E1-8A2E92DC54C7.jpeg

It was 1978 when the -35F freeze hit my shack near Estacada for nearly 2 weeks.

Even Multnomah Falls was froze solid, and people were driving rigs across the Columbia River near the I-5 bridge.

1978.....year after I graduated High School. That winter succked. Especially in Louisville KY. They never had any effective snow removal for regular winter let alone The Snopocolips.

Guns for back then? For zombies hands down an M1 carbine. Cheap surplus ones and cheap new ones by Plainfield. The only real hi cap pistol at that time was the Browning Hi-power, and they were pricey. Lots of .38 revolvers out there, but speedloaders were not yet readily available. Other than that, surplus P38, or a S&W Model 39.

Oh yeah, the great Blizzard of '78 was an experience I won't ever forget. Wind chill -97, and drifts over houses... Army tanks busting through drifts, and helicopters dropping food.

My Newfoundland and I walked a bit of I-465 during the storm, nothing but wind & white.

bilde.jpg

Yeah I haven't watched any of the Thor movies....
Way too much of a Norse Mythology nerd to watch 'em.
That said , in the clip that you shared...the dust cover is closed on one of the rifles he is "firing":....:D
Andy
It's Hollywood...
That scene is a double edged for me.
I love that they used SP1s, but....
How much ignorance and support to the lefts claims of how powerful the 5.56 round is from an AR15 do you think that 30 seconds of a movie spread?

BTW.... my truck is quintessential 70s schtick, a 76 F150 4x4 stepside (Flareside for you Ford guys. Nobody gets us, get used to it) and my daily driver is a '79 Chrysler Lebaron... both could be used in your flick. I hesitate a bit to say that because I know what happens to "movie cars", they're treated BADLY. But I think you'd do the right thing with 'em.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top