JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Decent deal and Troy makes nice stuff....but...remember, by the time you add shipping and transfer fees, you'll probably be back up to $750...might be able to find something localish for that.

ARs have gotten stupid cheap...I paid $700 for my fist one almost 20 years ago, and it was an "inexpensive" one.

Troy Defense CQB SPC Carbine AR Type Rifle, 223/5.56, 16" Barrel, Keymod Handguard, New.

Looking for a starter AR15 that has at a minimum a free float barrel and a decent lower and upper set. I know Troy has good accessories and I found this deal floating around. To me, it seems like an awesome deal. For $650, i can only find standard ARs with basic hand guards and A2 style fixed sights.

Yes, it's a good deal. I bought a WASR-10 from JG Sales, as well...good stuff and good prices.

Troy Defense CQB SPC Carbine AR Type Rifle, 223/5.56, 16" Barrel, Keymod Handguard, New.

Looking for a starter AR15 that has at a minimum a free float barrel and a decent lower and upper set. I know Troy has good accessories and I found this deal floating around. To me, it seems like an awesome deal. For $650, i can only find standard ARs with basic hand guards and A2 style fixed sights.

As mentioned I take it you have factored in shipping and transfer? I have dealt with J&G a few times for MANY years and they are great. If you can't find something you like locally then by all means. Like I keep telling anyone who asks about starting with an AR. If you think you want one buy one now. It does not take much to start another round of idiots with laws and price shoots up. If you buy that set up it's not like you are likely to see it so much cheaper later that you are kicking yourself. One may turn up a little lower by the time you pay the extra's but it just as well may not. If that looks like the set up you want and no one local has it then by all means lay one (at least) in now. If you're still not sure at least get a decent lower, or two even. The AR is so damn easy to build. If you at least have a lower you can pick and choose how to build one later.

It lists as 10 lbs. I'm not sure if that is shipping weight. Sounds a little heavy without optics. I HAD an 11 lb AK. It's a pain after a while.

While most basic ARs, which is what I own are 90% the same its good to handle the one you buy if possible.

I have a better option at a better deal.

WTS/WTT OR - 556 AR15 w/ freefloat handguard and ambi safety

Yes, and the price is decent too.

However check the forum. Right now a fella on the forum has a PSA AR15 with a stainless barrel for $600.. Give it a look.

Unless you're dead set on the freefloat barrel. The only junky thing on the rifle you're looking at is the stock, but thats to keep its price down, its usually what most guys take off once their gun funds get back up.

You'd do yourself well to at least check "Curt's Discount Shooters Supply". They have their own house made brand "Rogue Defense". I've been happy with mine. I paid a little more than you're talking though, but then I wasn't paying shipping/transfer. Their service is top notch from what I hear, and if you do have any issues you have them local.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top