JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not really a marketing gimmic. There are many states that have still have the AWB. You can still own and buy only a preban in these states so a preban here in Oregon does not mean a thing, it is the only type you can still buy in those other state....and they can bring a premium even for say just a stripped preban AR lower.

It might come into play with collect-ability too....a lot of things are not made the same as they were prior to the 90's (some for bad, most for good - but still I can see where someone who collects would want a specimen from that era depending on the weapon).

It is very much a big deal f you live in states that still have an assault weapons ban.

Massachusetts comes to mind. -IF you have a LTC-A (Meaning that you have a right to own weapons CAPABLE of taking a magazine over 10 rounds) AND you possess a gun that violates their golden statute BUT was manufactured prior to 1998, you are still COMMITTING A FELONY if you have a magazine over 10 round capacity that was manufactured AFTER 1998.

Yes, that's right, it's a felony to buy or possess a P-Mag in Massatwoshots. )Insert a I instead of the O and you'll know the real name of that craphole)

There are several other states with similar statutes.

Yes, it still matters.

Which ban?

1934?
1968?
1986?
1989?
1994?

The 1994 is the only one on a FEDERAL level that has "sunset" as it was only in force for 10 years written into the original bill. As some others have said there are several states that have various bans on lots of different things.

SO I bought a Bushmaster DCM in 2000. It does not have a flash hider on it cause they were not legal then cause of the 94 ban. Can I now have it threaded and install a flash hider?

Yes, assuming that you live in a state without any other laws against it. If your listed location of OR is correct there are no laws against it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top