1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Is the NRA calling you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 19 Adam, Apr 12, 2015.

1. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Active Member

The last week different people who claim to be from the NRA are calling our old home number. This is now my wives cell number and she says they say they are from the NRA and ask for me.

Does anyone know of a big NRA fundraiser being conducted by phone?
    I'm a life member and still active in some of their fundraisers but they have never called me. With all the anti-gun tactics going on this has me wondering. The NRA has my number on file so it seems fishy.
  2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If they have, I'm not aware of it, since we don't answer calls unless we recognize the number. No message, no return call. We so many calls from numbers we don't recognize, it's hard to know who they are - most block their number or use a description that doesn't identify them.
  3. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

4. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

I block all such robocalls no matter who they are from.
    But yes, they have been calling or at least someone that lists NRA as their "name"
  5. deshoots

deshoots central oregon Member

I had same thing a while back. Talked to nra they said not them. Don't answer and block the#.
  6. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Got one last night but did not answer and no message left.
  7. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

Yup, I get these calls about once every month or so. I put their numbers on my blocked list. Tired of they continually trying to get more money out of me.
  8. Dbltap

Dbltap here there everywhere Active Member

Sounds like the anti gun hand trying to get a grip on the not giving my 2nd amendment up people. Ohhh sounds like a conspiracy.... I'm in. Come and try and take them.
    Stomper likes this.
  9. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Good way for the anti's to get your data and credit card numbers.
    The NRA is a good Organization for everyone except the anti gun idiots. They are the ones that bad mouth it and scam it.
    Bad mouth the best Pro 2nd Organization (NRA) or scam it and you are anti gun in my eyes.

Next time tell them to send you an official NRA letter if they want donations. My guess is they won't send a damned thing, but they will sure want your address and info. A clue that it is not the NRA and most likely some Bloomberg group.

What gets me also is who is so ready to jump on the NRA, and also how they whine and cry and beg for help from them when they need it, then turn around and bad mouth them again. Also about a third of gun owners really do not have a clue to what the NRA actually does. Now that is funny. AND very sad.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    albin25 and WAYNO like this.