JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I built my Grendel just before the recent explosion of cheap ar10s. At the time it was the way to go to get 6.5 benefits without spending a fortune on an ar10 and creedmoor. But now that a creedmoor ar10 can be had for $750 or so is there a benefit other than a slightly more compact rifle? The Grendel has a lot of compromises, the creedmoor is certainly superior ballistically and I've had a lot of grendel mag issues. The creedmoor 10s seem reliable and straightforward. Any thoughts?

I built a Grendel, played around with it for a few months, and sold it. I came to the conclusion that it's pretty pointless. If long range is your game, quit monkeying around and get a long range cartridge.

I suppose that it could fill a niche if you absolutely have to hunt with an AR 15 in a state with a minimum caliber requirement but it's certainly not a long range hunting cartridge.

Also when you look at the price of mags, ammo, and components, finicky mags, weak bolts, I came to the conclusion, why bother, get a big bore and do some push ups;).

Put that's the thing, of you want to hunt with an AR why not spend a similar amount and get a AR10 in creedmoor, still 6.5 ballistics, low recoil, reliable but not on the bottom edge of velocity. And it's a very minor difference in size and weight

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews