JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I built my Grendel just before the recent explosion of cheap ar10s. At the time it was the way to go to get 6.5 benefits without spending a fortune on an ar10 and creedmoor. But now that a creedmoor ar10 can be had for $750 or so is there a benefit other than a slightly more compact rifle? The Grendel has a lot of compromises, the creedmoor is certainly superior ballistically and I've had a lot of grendel mag issues. The creedmoor 10s seem reliable and straightforward. Any thoughts?

I built a Grendel, played around with it for a few months, and sold it. I came to the conclusion that it's pretty pointless. If long range is your game, quit monkeying around and get a long range cartridge.

I suppose that it could fill a niche if you absolutely have to hunt with an AR 15 in a state with a minimum caliber requirement but it's certainly not a long range hunting cartridge.

Also when you look at the price of mags, ammo, and components, finicky mags, weak bolts, I came to the conclusion, why bother, get a big bore and do some push ups;).

Put that's the thing, of you want to hunt with an AR why not spend a similar amount and get a AR10 in creedmoor, still 6.5 ballistics, low recoil, reliable but not on the bottom edge of velocity. And it's a very minor difference in size and weight

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top