JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
my local law enforcement agency allows their officers to use their own rifles for duty as long as they meet or exceed the specs and qualify with them. they are only allowed to have 3 brands. daniel defense, colt and BCM.

When my BIL was a police officer he had buy his own AR which was a FN branded one. I knew more about an AR than my BIL did. I let him use mine at the gun range. I know he got his at a discount and since he was a LEO in California and he could use 30 round magazines on his patrol.

Funny thing, I was just reading an article on this WRT .223 vs. 5.56 chamber sizes. The author emphasized that the person making the barrel was more important than how it was made. Except for certain European-made barrels which were all made to the same high standard by serious craftsmen. But my thinking was that for a rifle such as the AR design, it probably didn't matter all that much for most shooters.

no doubt. i was surprised when he(LEO friend who built a duty rifle) told me the rifle had to be of those 3 brands....surprised a lot of companies arent on that list.
Because their list was made like this, "Bob, he knows a lot about guns, let's let him decide what rifles are acceptable" and so Bob puts the list together. Bob is not knowledgeable of all things firearm related.

I doubt anyone will be able to notice any practical difference between hammer forged, button rifled, cut rifled, etc... Quality of manufacturing will make more difference in performance than the method of manufacturing. Accuracy will only be as good as the maker. A bad cut rifled barrel will shoot worse than a good hammer forged barrel and vice versa. Marketing departments claim that hammer forged will last longer, and that may be true. But if I can afford the ammo to shoot out a barrel I should be able to afford a replacement barrel when the time comes.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top