JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
šŸ¤£ I wish it was that easy! I have no garage, no shop, no bench. Pretty much given up on the hope of ever having a house. I built everything on a piece of plywood laid on the bed only during hours when the kids were at school on the couple days a week that she worked. I had to "sneak" in time to work on them and have it all bundled up and put away by time everyone got home. She eventually caught on because when I'd tell her I'm going to tinker, I would be working on a different one than before. Even though she isn't familiar with all the parts, she's very observant and not unintelligent.
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! We have a bona-fide "In The Closet ARAA'er" who was outed by his wife! "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

Besides the whole training and experience route, even if I was making more money, you can't buy a 4+ bedroom house with a yard and garage for less than $500k.
Got one I'll sell ya for $450k...
3 BR downstairs plus a 600+ SF bonus room upstairs, 2-3/4 baths, 2-car garage, 1/4-acre lot in town. Place is only 20 years old and a quality build.
I'm ready to sell it and move to Idaho on 40+ acres and build a log cabin and get away from all of this shiit...

Last Edited:
Sh*tty thing about it, I could pay less in mortgage than I do in rent, but banks still say I can't afford it, meanwhile, I've had to afford it without missing rent my whole life. Regardless, I think buying a house to support my ARA is probably not the right reason...
You almost always pay less for a mortgage than rent, even after adding in property taxes and homeowner's insurance.
That's cuz your landlord is adding in property taxes, insurance and interest to your rental amount, plus a bit extra to cover repairs and to clear some cash.

My ex now owns 9 houses in 3 different states (2~ID, 6~TX, 1~AZ) and cash flows anywhere between $500 - $1,300 per month on each one. Landlording is quite a lucrative gig. She wants me to partner up with her since I have more access to more cash than she does now (with nine mortgages plus her own home in WA, the banks are loathe to loan any more money to her), but a wise man said, "Never mix your finances with your ex-wife's." In case you want to know who that wise man was... It's me! But damn, she sure is makin' a killin' with all those houses!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads