JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All I heard during the Gov't shut down was how much longer refunds were going to take because of it and it was all Trumps fault. Well, I filled the night of 2/23 and it showed up in my bank account today. So much for taking longer.

You e-filed right?

For the relatively simple filings that don't have flags/etc., humans often are not involved.

Refund? The IRS does refunds? About 20 or so years ago my (ex) accountant botched up the calculations on my estimated quarterly taxes and I wound up over paying by a significant amount. I figured I'd get it refunded. Nope. They decided to levy a fine against me for filing "frivolously". The dollar amount of the fine? Exactly the same amount that I over paid. Refund indeed...

Refund? The IRS does refunds? About 20 or so years ago my (ex) accountant botched up the calculations on my estimated quarterly taxes and I wound up over paying by a significant amount. I figured I'd get it refunded. Nope. They decided to levy a fine against me for filing "frivolously". The dollar amount of the fine? Exactly the same amount that I over paid. Refund indeed...
Did you kick his azz?
That's stupid.

The ones that frost me are the ones who paid in nothing, then get several K back and act like it was owed to them.:mad::mad::mad:

My neighbors are both in their 20s, have never worked a job in their lives, and have 6 kids. They get $800 a month in foods stamps, $1000 a month in cash as TANF, free rent, free medical, you know the type. They drive a Escalade and a brand new Subaru Forester, with insurance paid for by the State. They always have a fridge full of steaks and junk food, kids have ALL the electronics and name brand clothes. To top it off, after collecting all this stuff and money, they got an $8000 "refund", and are using it to go to Cabo. :mad::mad::mad:

My neighbors are both in their 20s, have never worked a job in their lives, and have 6 kids. They get $800 a month in foods stamps, $1000 a month in cash as TANF, free rent, free medical, you know the type. They drive a Escalade and a brand new Subaru Forester, with insurance paid for by the State. They always have a fridge full of steaks and junk food, kids have ALL the electronics and name brand clothes. To top it off, after collecting all this stuff and money, they got an $8000 "refund", and are using it to go to Cabo. :mad::mad::mad:

These are the stories that scare me as well as making my blood pressure rise. If this ever crashes down and those type have the free everything suddenly stop? They are the kind who would turn into violent mobs overnight since they have no clue how to fend for themselves.

These are the stories that scare me as well as making my blood pressure rise. If this ever crashes down and those type have the free everything suddenly stop? They are the kind who would turn into violent mobs overnight since they have no clue how to fend for themselves.

Yeah, these guys both grew up in "welfare" families, both signed up as soon as they were pregnant at 16, have no desire to work, why should they?, makes way more than most people I know for doing nothing, and his kids plan to do the same deal as soon as they can. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention his Harley that you and I paid for.

Come on!!! Is this just a funny story or truth?

Wow, you sure seem to know a ton about the specifics of their situation, but obviously something else is going on. Family money, illegal activity, something.

illegal activity

Ahh..ding..ding....ding...we have a winner there. Not knowing exact specifics, but having worked next to a trailer court for the last 9 years, I have a pretty good idea who works, who don't, who slings dope. The baby daddy's, males halves of these situations are all virtually slinging dope or have some kind of illegal hustle going on. And these are not dime bags of weed, since they have to drive right by a dispensary to get to their cribs.

They drive very nice rigs, they come and go frequently, they are dressed nice, never, never, never, in work clothes and clean as they come. Now back in the day, a lot of us 60 somethings MAY have supplemented our incomes with a bit of weed selling, but we all still worked and it was mostly to get our own smoke free. I know the behaviors. There are a lot more of these situations out there than you can imagine. It is pretty much an accepted practice in the hood.

Wow, you sure seem to know a ton about the specifics of their situation, but obviously something else is going on. Family money, illegal activity, something.

I've lived next to them for 8 years. We talk, and barbecue at each others houses, and he brags of all the benefits he gets without having to work for them.

I don't know how in OR. But it Not possible in Wa.
How they get refunds if they don't work. To get tanf person can't have more that 750$ income a month, 1000$ in funds, stock, bonds or car Worth more that 5000$. And if I remember right it tanf pays no more that 700$ a month. And state pushing people to work, you cannot just sit at home and recieve money. They have to work or be enroll in school, exemption if taking care of disable person. State don't pays car insurance they give orca cards for public transportation.

I got my federal return the first week of February and my state the last week of February, so my refund actually took less time to be processed than usual... oddly enough.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews