JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Comments have been posted. Only around 140 pages. :( OFF and NRA comments start on page 111 and the anti-gun sponsors are below those. There are many comments in favor of IP60. :( Time to get IP 61 and 62 done. They're due Friday the 31st.:eek:
IP 60 COMMENTS:

Can @Joe Link do an email blast to all 45,995 members here with comments to copy/paste along with the state email address for comments? Note, based on comments in link above, it appears that a physical address is not required and if you provide your comments on a pdf, only the pdf is shown, and not your email address. ;)
I did a quick review of the comments and it looks like those for and against are mixed together. almost all that I looked at were against IP60. I didn't look through all of them, but did find mine.:D

I did see one from a supposed hunter that was all for IP60 and wanted to see harsher language. REALLY?

Not the over one thousand last time. Sad really.

Some are well written and some are handwritten chicken scratch.

Last Edited:
Did anyone else notice the ban on traveling with your magazine loaded in the gun? this doesn't seem to exempt CHL holders.

C. During all times of travel under this subsection, a large-capacity ammunition magazine may not be loaded in a firearm and must be otherwise securely stored in a manner designed to prevent the unauthorized use or discharge.

This could be a bad one and will probably end up in the courts.

I did see one from a supposed hunter that was all for IP60 and wanted to see harsher language. REALLY?
The "Bend Heating" guy who thinks we need a license to exercise our 2A rights? Hey Steve, we don't need more than 10 rounds to hunt, we need them because, as you admit, the world is not filled with good people and never will be.

I am now working on the IRS complaint form for the Chief Petitioners (aka Lift Every Voice Oregon). I did this for IP43 in 2018 and decided to do it again. The Petitioners are using their Churches, grounds, equipment and potentally Church money to promote IP60, 61 and 62. They should lose their 501(c)3 tax exempt status. The form is Form 13909, and is an easy pdf fill in form. Knutson even lists the Church's phone number on the IPs.

If you want to see the separation of Church and State upheld, fill out the form. It is absurd that they get to use tax free money to change State laws. The donors should be looked at also to see if they are claiming the donations on their taxes. Promoting Initiatives is not tax exempt, but fighting them may be depending on who you send your money to.

"Lift Every Voice Oregon" is a political entity and is eligible for tax free donation up to $100.? Why does the NRA not have the same status?

Who's laws am I going to follow - Oregon anti-gun Legislature/Oregon uninformed voters, or the Supreme Court Heller decision? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.:cool:

Glad we have OFF here in Oregon to help fight this garbage.

From the OFF alert, it appears Lift Every Voice has this principle listed:

"PRINCIPLE THREE:
Nonviolence seeks to defeat injustice not people.
Nonviolence recognizes that evildoers are also victims and are not evil people.
The nonviolent resister seeks to defeat evil not people."

Apparently, we are "evildoers", and victims of our own... evil?
I would really like to get them on tape, being asked "are gun owenrs victims, or evildoers?"

IP 60 Title is certified.

Initiative Petition
The Elections Division received a certified ballot title from the Attorney General on February 13, 2020, for Initiative Petition 2020-060, proposed for the November 3, 2020, General Election.
Caption
Adds restrictions on certain semiautomatic firearm purchases/transfers; prohibits ammunition magazines over ten rounds; exceptions
Chief Petitioners
Walter John Knutson III 4526 NE 27th Ave. Portland, OR 97211
Michael Z. Cahana 3139 SW Fairmount Blvd. Portland, OR 97239
Alcena E. Boozer 5256 NE 48th Ave. Portland, OR 97218
Appeal Period
Any registered voter, who submitted timely written comments on the draft ballot title and is dissatisfied with the certified ballot title issued by the Attorney General, may petition the Oregon Supreme Court to review the ballot title.
If a registered voter petitions the Supreme Court to review the ballot title, the voter must notify the Elections Division by completing and filing form SEL 324 Notice of Ballot Title Challenge. If this notice is not timely filed, the petition to the Supreme Court may be dismissed.
Appeal Due
February 28, 2020
How to Submit Appeal
Refer to Oregon Rules of Appellate Procedure, Rule 11.30 or contact the Oregon Supreme Court for more information at 503.986.5555.
Notice Due
1st business day after appeal filed with Supreme Court, 5 pm
How to Submit Notice
Scan and Email: [email protected]
Fax: 503.373.7414
Mail: 255 Capitol St NE Ste 501, Salem OR 97310
More information, including the certified ballot title and the Secretary of State's determination that the proposed initiative petition is in compliance with the procedural requirements established in the Oregon Constitution for initiative petitions, is contained in the IRR Database available at www.oregonvotes.gov

IP 60 Title is certified.

Initiative Petition
The Elections Division received a certified ballot title from the Attorney General on February 13, 2020, for Initiative Petition 2020-060, proposed for the November 3, 2020, General Election.
Caption
Adds restrictions on certain semiautomatic firearm purchases/transfers; prohibits ammunition magazines over ten rounds; exceptions
Chief Petitioners
Walter John Knutson III 4526 NE 27th Ave. Portland, OR 97211
Michael Z. Cahana 3139 SW Fairmount Blvd. Portland, OR 97239
Alcena E. Boozer 5256 NE 48th Ave. Portland, OR 97218
Appeal Period
Any registered voter, who submitted timely written comments on the draft ballot title and is dissatisfied with the certified ballot title issued by the Attorney General, may petition the Oregon Supreme Court to review the ballot title.
If a registered voter petitions the Supreme Court to review the ballot title, the voter must notify the Elections Division by completing and filing form SEL 324 Notice of Ballot Title Challenge. If this notice is not timely filed, the petition to the Supreme Court may be dismissed.
Appeal Due
February 28, 2020
How to Submit Appeal
Refer to Oregon Rules of Appellate Procedure, Rule 11.30 or contact the Oregon Supreme Court for more information at 503.986.5555.
Notice Due
1st business day after appeal filed with Supreme Court, 5 pm
How to Submit Notice
Scan and Email: [email protected]
Fax: 503.373.7414
Mail: 255 Capitol St NE Ste 501, Salem OR 97310
More information, including the certified ballot title and the Secretary of State's determination that the proposed initiative petition is in compliance with the procedural requirements established in the Oregon Constitution for initiative petitions, is contained in the IRR Database available at www.oregonvotes.gov
Has anybody heard about any planned appeals to IP 60 that might be heading to court?

Although my name appears on both IP61 and IP62 Ballot Title Notifications from Oregon DOJ, they completely ignored all of my comments including the IP62
''transport of magazines greater than 10 rounds," and completely ignored the gun registration that IP61 creates. The transport rule was not included in the Summary or Title because they thought that it was not important enough of a change in the laws.

What am I supposed to do, carry 10 round magazines in the car and unlock/load and switch to standard capacity when I get out? It makes no sense and is just plain stupid. Is carryig them on my person, outside of the firearm, considered pveventing unauthorized use or discharge? I could carry one 10 round mag in the gun and two standard capacity mags in my mag pouch.

Basically, they just ignored all of the pro-gun comments as irrelevant and not important enough to mention. I am getting really tired of the Left-Wing bureaucrats running the show from start to finish. Maybe the Courts will address the significant changes that IP60, IP61 and IP62 create?

I got the hard copy letters, but no email yet.

The NRA has actually shown up in Oregon. They are challenging IP60, which will also affect IP61 and IP62.

"The ballot language is deceptive and fails to adequately convey to voters the sweeping changes that are contained in IP 60," said Keely Hopkins, NRA-ILA Oregon state director. "IP60 would deprive law-abiding Oregonians access to the firearms and magazines that Americans overwhelmingly choose for home and self-defense."

I am impessed and kind of amazed that they actually know that Oregon exists and has gun control problems.;)

Yeah he posted an oops filed too late correction for 61 and 62 but the NRA ILA challenge might still be good?
Disappointing, to say the least.
... our challenges to IP 61 and 62 were filed a day after the deadline. We learned of this after we sent out this morning's alert. We take full responsibility for the error and we are working overtime on alternatives to the challenges we filed.

The appeal deadline of IP 61 & 62 was 03/03/2020, and the NRA article appears to me to imply they filed on 03/03. Hopefully they're good, but it worries me that OFF didn't reassure us with this info.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top