JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all. I ran across this forum recently and have found a wealth of information, thanks to all who have contributed. I'm new to the forum but have grown up around firearms and have always enjoyed going to ranges and putting holes in paper.

I'm interested in trying some competitive shooting, partly how I found the forum was searching for local info. I want to find any type of competitions north of Seattle. Would love to hear from anybody who could help me find some. I've never done any type of competitive shooting so I'd like to try out multiple styles.

Hi, and a Hertzlich Wilkommen! What sort of competitions are you interested in? Speed shooting? Steel? Action? Cowboy stuff? Long distance rifle? It's definitely the season, a lot of matches are happening. I would suggest looking on Practiscore for starters, and narrowing by the geographic area of interest. They have a calendar feature that lets you see what registrations are coming up to open, which is pretty handy for matches that may fill up fast.
Home | PractiScore

Personally, my favorite is Speed Steel/ Steel Challenge. Shoot 5 steel plates in a number of configurations with a pistol or pistol caliber carbine, as fast as you safely can. Lots of different classes, for everything from .22 revolvers to centerfire open class race guns. But I'll talk your ear off about a lot of competition stuff. :)

Thank you for the warm welcome, and a special thanks to Lesliet for the link. As to types of competitions, I'm leaning towards steel, ASI or IDPA (or similar) right now. 3 gun has really peaked my interest also. I don't have the right toys for cowboy and me trying anything long range would be like stepping up to the plate in the MLB with a wiffle bat!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top