JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought this was interesting and it's the first time I've seen it put like this...

The author likens school shootings to riots in that riots are filled with people of varying "thresholds." There's the person who would never be the first to throw a rock but would throw a rock if one other person went first. Then there's the person that would throw a rock if two other people went first. And so on.

The author then suggests that Columbine was the first rock thrown and that each subsequent school shooting lowers the threshold for the next person to do it. It's one big slow motion riot of sorts.

The author puts it...

The problem is not that there is an endless supply of deeply disturbed young men who are willing to contemplate horrific acts. It's worse. It's that young men no longer need to be deeply disturbed to contemplate horrific acts.

The Best Explanation For Our Spate Of Mass Shootings Is The Most Chilling

Except school shootings go way back past Columbine. First one I knew about personally took place in 1966 the Texas University Tower shooting. But the author is correct in that its a monkey see monkey do. The Guy who drove into the cafeteria in Kalen Tx had watched a VHS tape of the San Diego McDonalds shooter so many times the FBI said the magnetic image was almost worn off the tape!

These lost souls that do this now don't come up with and original idea on how to act out they instead follow the program and do what the last guy did. Look at all he got noticed.

The 1966 Texas University Tower shooter had a brain tumor and in his notes that he left behind, he made specific reference to something going on in his head that was compelling his actions and he wanted his autopsy to look into it.

Yeah there have always been school shootings, they didn't actually start tracking them until the 80s? 90s?

I have been reading a lot about depression and suicide (a friend's son just killed himself) and it's really interesting the dynamics of why and who is depressed and more likely to commit suicide.

Parenting has a lot to do with it, along with society. The ease of life and the cottling that parents do.
The everyone gets a trophy mentality.
Kids grow up with two things,
They have no skills to cope with stress, failure, or rejection.
They are used to everything being done for them, or ease of life.

The latest school shooting happened because this little POS was rejected and embarassed by a girl who didn't like him back.

There was a shooting where I lived as a kid, even a kid once had shot his brother at age 12 lived I went to school with
about 1972
This is nothing new.

You want to know how this works and why...............

Orson Wells.................... the people of this great country were tested 80 years this October
the powers that be, found out they were the puppet masters and we all thought we knew what was reality was would follow their leads.
Sunday, October 30, 1938, without one shred of evidence many in this country believed we were being invaded by Martians LOL. We find it funny now, but were are manipulated all day long and are clueless.

No reason to state this here as 99% are too convinced about their views on guns.
But here is a tid bit, Obama was not anti-gun not even a little.
There is apparently allot more going on then most can even stomach. But ever since that " Obama is Taking our guns
away " became a thing no one could prove ever that he said he wanted guns taken away? Dems don't want your guns, they want your gun sales. ( well maybe a few of the idiots that haven't caught on yet that actually think guns are bad).

Past proof :
Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), for example, is a proponent of an "assault weapons" ban, who in the meantime is enjoying the money her husband makes off a $50,000 investment in the Vanguard Small Cap Growth Index fund. As of Jan. 18, that fund included 219,918 shares of stock in Ruger Firearms.

Meanwhile, Senator Clair McCaskill (D-MO) has approximately $100,000 in the iShare Russell 2000 Growth Index. That fund held 254,290 shares of stock in Ruger Firearms as of Jan. 18, along with shares of Smith & Wesson as well.

Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) has approximately $100,000 in the iShares S&P Small Cap 600 Growth Index–a fund which was the "the 16th largest holder" of Ruger Firearms stock as of mid-January.

It's not just individual investments, either: city pensions in Mayor Rahm Emanuel's Chicago own significant shares of funds that are heavily invested in gun companies, as are city pensions in Mayor Michael Bloomberg's New York City.

In Chicago, the city's teachers' retirement fund has about $12 million partially invested in the company that owns Bushmaster firearms–makers of the AR-15 Adam Lanza used at Sandy Hook–as well as funds that include shares of Ruger Firearms and Smith & Wesson.

And of course there was Califonia's most antigun Senator who is in prison for gun running and we still buy this
whole story they want the guns.

The list is huge and many here think Democrats want gun confiscation........no they want you to think they do.
The most recent information shows huge amounts so bit you can't post the list as no one would believe it .
In the last 10 years more guns were sold then ever before. And even pro-gunners say Obama did great for selling of firearms. Thats about the stupidest thing I ever hear, who actually thinks he didn't know what his remarks would do ?
But its wasted breath as many here follow the voice solely and blindly of OFF and the NRA who make a ton every time someone panics about gun confiscation. Some day I suspect people will see the sham, Democrats get rich saying guns are bad and get elected saying the same.

The next step they need now is a war that will place them all in permanent power why the peasants kills themselves fighting for what they believe. Trump was one small taste of light that shined thru the B.S. if you listen really listen trump knows the agenda but so far no one will swallow what he is trying to show.

School shootings being publicized in the way it is now is doing the Dems a hugs favor in holding offices. The more people fear on both sides the more power they gain.

As is said back to your normally scheduled programming.

Except school shootings go way back past Columbine. First one I knew about personally took place in 1966 the Texas University Tower shooting. But the author is correct in that its a monkey see monkey do. The Guy who drove into the cafeteria in Kalen Tx had watched a VHS tape of the San Diego McDonalds shooter so many times the FBI said the magnetic image was almost worn off the tape!

These lost souls that do this now don't come up with and original idea on how to act out they instead follow the program and do what the last guy did. Look at all he got noticed.

Yes. Columbine wasn't the first. I was born and raised in San Diego and I remember vividly the "I hate Mondays" chick (I won't say her name) and the McDonalds shooting in San Ysidro (south of San Diego proper down by the border). But Columbine was likely the first school shooting of major significance in the new digital/tech, 24 hour news cycle, era. There was a manifesto...video manifesto, a high death toll, etc., and it made the A Holes who committed it (I won't say their names) infamous and garnered them notoriety unlike any of the previous situations. It's impact cannot be overstated given how many subsequent school shooters have tried to copy that shooting and still try to copy it.

NPR: "Back today with our ongoing, multiple time a day reporting on the rampage shooting at a school. Here is all the details about the shooter. No one has any idea why he did this"

Ah, perhaps it is you reporting on him multiple times a day like a celebrity? Who he was, what he liked to do, who he asked out on dates, what clothes he wore, how he did in football, what he wrote on social media, where he came from, his families nationality, etc,etc,etc

Gees, if I was a coddled teenager who grew up being told that I was a winner no matter what I did, and then I was bullied and could not get a date even though I was told life would give me what ever I wanted because I was never given a chance to accept being second best and try to make myself better as a result, and I saw how I could get that recognition on a national scale every day, multiple times a day like a celebrity, and I wanted to get back at those bullies, I think I might have an idea why he would do this.

I thought this was interesting and it's the first time I've seen it put like this...

The author likens school shootings to riots in that riots are filled with people of varying "thresholds." There's the person who would never be the first to throw a rock but would throw a rock if one other person went first. Then there's the person that would throw a rock if two other people went first. And so on.

The author then suggests that Columbine was the first rock thrown and that each subsequent school shooting lowers the threshold for the next person to do it. It's one big slow motion riot of sorts.

The author puts it...

The Best Explanation For Our Spate Of Mass Shootings Is The Most Chilling
Slippery slope, but still has some validity as part of the truth.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top