JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps I missed something. It was the top one or two posts when I looked this morning and I did a cut/paste
thing to bring it here. What I thought was interesting and what I was sharing is that I was surprised Armslist
didn't pull it down. I do look at Armslist about once a day. There's a piece of education there every day, and
negative can be an education as well as positive. It's just another window on the local gun market. It's been
a few years since I did any business there. And that was to sell. I also look at Gunbroker as well as other sites.
Last gun I bought was from here. I'll give the guy, norseman, a big plus. He sold quality on a gun I was looking
for new and having trouble finding. His used was very like new. I guess in case there is any confusion, what I
posted is entirely from Armslist. Other than the post heading, none of the verbiage is mine.

We have a quality, disciplined, educational curriculum here, too!

D5C8778C-7191-4BE3-BA13-7B2ECCD6A077.gif

Armlist signed their own death certificate when they wanted to charge buyers for the "privilege" of contacting a seller.

Charge sellers all you want, that's an accepted business model, but when you tell sellers that their only buyer pool will also be paying, that's gonna be a no for me.

Armslist was a good resource for a long time. The scammers were making it difficult to sift the real ads. I completely agree that a business model to charge buyers doesn't work. I have seen a lot of sellers adding their number to the ads, which is good on one hand, but puts people selling at risk. Pretty easy for thieves to get personal info, even addresses, from a phone number

Armslist is a sack of horse crap now. Heaven forbid you turn down someone's BS offer, or get in an argument via email bc you don't want someone's fish tank and Anderson Arms AR15 pistol built with out of spec made-in-china parts. If so they will just flag your ad as a scam until it gets pulled. Additionally, if they have competition also listing on the site, they just flag them until they take their ad down since buyers pay for a subscription now.

Oh and another thing that petty bubblegum people have been doing on there which I've experienced twice now, if you have something someone else wants- and you refuse to pull the item and hold it for them, they will continue to flag your ad so it gets taken down and no one else can buy it. Yet they will continue to message you with interest or low-ball offers and "lol" when you call them out on flagging your ad for that reason. Eff that site now. Never used to happen.

Last Edited:
Armslist was a good resource for a long time. The scammers were making it difficult to sift the real ads. I completely agree that a business model to charge buyers doesn't work. I have seen a lot of sellers adding their number to the ads, which is good on one hand, but puts people selling at risk. Pretty easy for thieves to get personal info, even addresses, from a phone number
I'm sure a lot of them use a prepaid phone for that and change numbers when necessary.

Looks like ammo prices are on the rise. Straight off the CCI website. What's this, $17 or so more than 6 months back?

Good call @Bobbygun, was lost trying to figure it out too..
View attachment 831331
What
Looks like ammo prices are on the rise. Straight off the CCI website. What's this, $17 or so more than 6 months back?

Good call @Bobbygun, was lost trying to figure it out too..
View attachment 831331
Looks like an 80% increase over last year. Seems like a year ago primers were still around $30 / 1000???? But maybe that is the MSRP VS store price....

I had a guy on there get pissy because I backed out of a sale.
From the beginning, I was apprehensive, as he contacted me from an out of state number. But, after a short back and forth, I figured he was someone who moved here but hadn't changed his cell number, which is pretty common. Day of the sale comes, and he texts me to let me know that his buddy will be picking up the gun for him, and at that point I told him I wasn't going to go through with the sale. Then he tells me he was footprints give the pistol to his buddy as a gift anyway. I still said no. So he called me a "Boy Scout" and flagged my ad until it was removed. I still have the pistol.

I had a guy on there get pissy because I backed out of a sale.
From the beginning, I was apprehensive, as he contacted me from an out of state number. But, after a short back and forth, I figured he was someone who moved here but hadn't changed his cell number, which is pretty common. Day of the sale comes, and he texts me to let me know that his buddy will be picking up the gun for him, and at that point I told him I wasn't going to go through with the sale. Then he tells me he was footprints give the pistol to his buddy as a gift anyway. I still said no. So he called me a "Boy Scout" and flagged my ad until it was removed. I still have the pistol.
Why sure, I'll break state and federal laws for you, just for your convenience, while you admit your intent to break some more laws. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top