JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Long read, started to kind of skim after a while. Color me doubtful this is not slanted. Not that I have any love for Jeff but his success tends to speak for itself.
Amazon is a very successful company, but I know personally that they go through a lot of workers there. My employer had a mass layoff (95%) three years ago and many of my coworkers went to Amazon as data techs. Most of them have now moved on and the number one and two reasons were that they didn't see a future at Amazon past five years and that Amazon's culture was very very woke. I interviewed with them at one point when I thought my job was going to vanish and I still to this day get emails from them all the time trying to recruit me. I was really on the fence about leaving my employer for them back then but now I know better. I'm thankful that I stayed where I'm at which is really saying something since I work for the #1 worst employer in the US three years running. It's a miserable soul sucking outfit but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel for me.

It's not so much "woke" as it is "dick." They've tried to recruit me a bunch of times. No way in hell I will ever put up with that place.

edit. I guess my experience with that place was before "woke" was such a big thing.

Work sucks anyways, I started to get a headache and had to leave for a while today, went to the moto shop, purchased some items and had a great bs session with three old buddies.
eff it I say.

Amazon is a very successful company, but I know personally that they go through a lot of workers there. My employer had a mass layoff (95%) three years ago and many of my coworkers went to Amazon as data techs. Most of them have now moved on and the number one and two reasons were that they didn't see a future at Amazon past five years and that Amazon's culture was very very woke. I interviewed with them at one point when I thought my job was going to vanish and I still to this day get emails from them all the time trying to recruit me. I was really on the fence about leaving my employer for them back then but now I know better. I'm thankful that I stayed where I'm at which is really saying something since I work for the #1 worst employer in the US three years running. It's a miserable soul sucking outfit but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel for me.
I don't mean they do not go through a LOT of help. The article seems to be trying to say something along the lines of what they "need to do" is become like Car makers. Union, pay VERY high wages, so people will stay at the Co for life. That all "sounds" great from people who have never run a business. Trying to claim that if they become like GM they will make even more money. This is what I find HIGHLY suspect. That Jeff is too stupid to know he is doing things all wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top