JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been looking at another semi-auto pistol in 22WMR. Asking for user/first-hand input.

-- I know there is the AMT-II. I've got the 6" and 4 1/2". Absolutely no desire to own a 3 1/2".

-- Excel Ind. made the Excellerator. They are not around anymore. I found one for sale at a shop and the owner was VERY proud of his "New/unfired" pistol. (That was beat to heck and never cleaned after a day at the range). Needless to say, he would not admit to what he had, and I wasn't going to buy it for any amount of money after talking with him. Clearly his "story" didn't match the pistol..... Plus he was asking about $300 more than the sold prices on GB.

-- I have had the Kel Tec PMR for many years. If I remember correctly it eats just about anything that it is fed. *I don't recall it having issues with any particular ammo. (yeah, it's been a while since it's come out of the safe and made it to the range.)

-- For a number of years the Rock Island has had the XT. A few here on NWFA have posted that they have one and it seems to be good for them.

-- I have just heard about the Walther WMP.

I'm hoping that folks that have the Rock Island and the Walther will chime in. I wouldn't mind hearing about the Excellerator in case I run across one again.

Other than ammo cost, how do you like it? Are there any issues with a particular brand/weight of bullets? Reliability (FTF or FTE)?

Any other info that could sway me one way or the other?

Thanks for your input!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top