Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

indoor range ?s

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by trainwreck, Sep 12, 2010.

1. trainwreck

trainwreck salem Member

Has anyone here owned or worked at a indoor range?

If there was a nice indoor range in salem would there be enough use to keep it open and make a little money at it?

2. OR4X4

OR4X4 Hour south of portland Member

Maybe when the economy rebounds there could be potential.
    I think it would be sitting on the initial investment of building that type of facility that would be the hard part of maknig that work.

I'm seeing less people at tri county than I used to, The few times a year I go. More people are using the clearcut next to my house to sight in and kill paper, cause it's free aside from the ammo.

3. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

Shooter's Mercantile on Silverton Rd (midway between Cordon and Lancaster) had an indoor range but closed down and has been for sale for years.
    Now that I've moved into city limits and can't shoot in my backyard anymore, I'd frequent a range more often. I think that regulations have driven costs up so it's really expensive to run thus really expensive for customers.

4. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Haven't been out that way for a while--I wondered if that range building was still there. Probably buy it relatively cheap. Nice retail area, gunsmithing
    shop, law enforcement only area. Anybody KNOW why Shooters Mercantile
    shut down? They seemed to do a fair business. Had a couple of pistol leagues
    going, full auto "pumpkin shoot" at halloween, decent prices on guns and ammo, good rental selection. I'm kind of surprised they didn't make a go of it.

5. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

The cost of opening and operating an indoor shooting range is astronomical.

Before doing anything else, just shop for insurance.... If that alone doesnt scare you off then you are obviously a very rich man and the rest should be relatively easy sailing.

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

That