JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are running anything other than Mac OS X you're doing it wrong. I run no, as in "none", "zero", "nada" AV software on any of my Apple products, which at this point is 6 actual computers on my home network. I've never had an issue....ever. I do use the Safari browser extensions named ClickToFlash (stops Flash from running unless approved), Ghostery (blocks cookies as specified), and AdBlock, (blocks all advertising on web pages). I do NOT allow anything by Google on my systems. I don't search using Google either, and I block all Google cookies. Here's why I don't like Google:

"Don't Be Evil?" video - beta version - YouTube

Linux.org | Resource for Linux | How to Linux guide | What is Linux

Linux is a variant of Unix and so is Mac OS X. Mac OS X is based on BSD Unix. If you run the "Terminal" utility in Mac OS X you get a window with a regular Unix command line prompt. You can use one of the Linux/Unix free public distributions and try to manage all your own settings and interfaces, or you can just get a Mac and have a Unix system that is civilized and already has all that setup/interface work done. Your choice.

Well thanks to those who have posted suggestions. While I have tried the few options that were within my ability to attempt, the problem remains, in fact, since the time that I originally started this thread it has markedly increased. It still happens only when I visit this site (in fact this very thread for example, about five minutes ago)
While it is curious that only myself and one other have experienced this malware problem (well at least that have posted here) I still wonder if it could be the work of some "anti" type with too much time on his hands. Hell, my local Bi-Mart is getting phone calls three times a day by some goof ball who is upset that they are still selling guns and ammo !
While I enjoy the forums here...... I am not about to spend more money for software or go out and buy a Mac to fix the problem(s)...(that money is now reserved for black metal things).

C Ya....................:s0162:

Linux is a variant of Unix and so is Mac OS X. Mac OS X is based on BSD Unix. If you run the "Terminal" utility in Mac OS X you get a window with a regular Unix command line prompt. You can use one of the Linux/Unix free public distributions and try to manage all your own settings and interfaces, or you can just get a Mac and have a Unix system that is civilized and already has all that setup/interface work done. Your choice.

Actually, OS X is a variant of Unix; Linux + GNU is a work-a-like copy of Unix. In any case, like others have said, if you are not running OS X or Linux, you should be. Way more secure and reliable.

DJM

Well thanks to those who have posted suggestions. While I have tried the few options that were within my ability to attempt, the problem remains, in fact, since the time that I originally started this thread it has markedly increased. It still happens only when I visit this site (in fact this very thread for example, about five minutes ago)
While it is curious that only myself and one other have experienced this malware problem (well at least that have posted here) I still wonder if it could be the work of some "anti" type with too much time on his hands. Hell, my local Bi-Mart is getting phone calls three times a day by some goof ball who is upset that they are still selling guns and ammo !
While I enjoy the forums here...... I am not about to spend more money for software or go out and buy a Mac to fix the problem(s)...(that money is now reserved for black metal things).

OB1,

I can't diagnose your problem for you as I have no recent experience with computers running Windows. I understand buying a Mac is out of the question for most people (I only have one as my job paid for one); however, you can free yourself of the Windows problem for free: install Linux on your existing PC. I've been running Linux on my PCs for many years; I've even have my mom running Linux. Linux is easy and free -- it feels like Windows or a Mac, it is secure and your privacy in not in constant peril as with Windows. A good distro for starters: Home | Ubuntu

Cheers,
DJM

The problem isn't here, most likely it's on your end. And who said anything about spending money. Download Malwarebytes, AVAST, AVG and MSE (microsoft security essentials) all for FREE, should clear up any bugs you've got.

ob1, I wonder if your anti-virus software thinks that one of the ads is naughty, or that ad is technically presented in such a way that your anti-virus software thinks that the ad is naughty.

Peter

I have noticed that for the last week or so this site takes longer to refresh from page to page then other sites. Could be traffic, slow server, tracking, etc... not sure. I notice it the most on this site. I imagine we are being watched and recorded. Probably.

Always be careful what you post.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR