JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not an expert on the topic, but has anyone else noticed an increase in detected virus warnings recently while surfing the forums here ?

I have noticed a marked increase in detected viruses while reading threads in the forums here. I used to see my anti-virus software alert maybe a couple times a year, but within the last four or five days, I've been getting multiple warnings each night. To add to this, it seems to be only happening here, not on other sites.

Trying to not let my imagination run wild but, could some anti-gun hacker types have found a new target ?

Try a different browser and see if it triggers it. It may be a false positive on update or lack there of.
Possible a flash update or something along that line.

Did ya catch one of those malware 'The sky is falling, Let us help you!!!!' Bugs? Is the warning from your actual installed antivirus program?

I'd download and run CCleaner and Malwarebytes.

I am using avast, and yes it detected mailious software

Yep....I am too, the upgrade. And that is where I am getting the warnings from.

I keep everything on auto update, A/V, IE, adobe etc.. I'll try switching to firefox to see if there is a difference...but would that mean that there is a glitch in explorer or the A/V software or is there malware only being picked up with the original combination ?

I had my norton block an attack through the site earlier....maybe through one of the ads or something.

Category: Intrusion Prevention

12/21/2012 10:57:07 AM,High,An intrusion attempt by 195.3.145.51 was blocked.,Blocked,No Action Required,Web Attack: Malicious Exploit kit Website,No Action Required,No Action Required,"195.3.145.51, 80",ghzbandwalked.info/qy1e2zw/?2,*********(my info)*****
Network traffic from <b>ghzbandwalked.info/qy1e2zw/?2</b> matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE. To stop being notified for this type of traffic, in the <b>Actions</b> panel, click <b>Stop Notifying Me</b>.

If you are using anything other than Microsoft Security Essentials on a Windows OS, you are doing it wrong.

If you are running anything other than Mac OS X you're doing it wrong. I run no, as in "none", "zero", "nada" AV software on any of my Apple products, which at this point is 6 actual computers on my home network. I've never had an issue....ever. I do use the Safari browser extensions named ClickToFlash (stops Flash from running unless approved), Ghostery (blocks cookies as specified), and AdBlock, (blocks all advertising on web pages). I do NOT allow anything by Google on my systems. I don't search using Google either, and I block all Google cookies. Here's why I don't like Google:

"Don't Be Evil?" video - beta version - YouTube

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads