JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New to the site, not so much to shooting. My grandfather raised me shooting starting with a pellet gun in his back yard (in hindsight probably not the best idea, but it taught me accuracy really fuggin quick!). Always enjoyed shooting, and I am working on building up a healthy collection. Huge fan of 1911s, and have a really hard time getting attached to any other handguns. Mostly prefer military service pistols and rifles for both US and foreign military. So, yeah, that's me.

Welcome \\ Silversnl
From the ground up - Starting with a pellet gun -
As in what exactly is this thing capable of, including accuracy, sectional density- From tin cans to plywood. On the contrary depending on your age and interest I think it to be one of the best starting places for the introduction of gun safety and the awareness that even this weapon can cost lives wile tempting its potential.
Enjoy your shooting experience and reflect on what was probably not the best idea, as you brought that on yourself.
I would like to have a .45 to drill some larger holes in paper targets at 25 yards. Getting to the point I can't see as well that far away with iron sights.
Have fun and be safe
Silver Hand

It was just a standard pellet rifle I guess. It had a bit of umph; it could nearly penetrate 1/2" plywood. The part I look back on is the fact that we were shooting toward the house. Granted it was a brick house (you sang "brick house" didn't you?), but even still, it probably wasn't the best place to be shooting to be honest. I do think that starting with the pellet rifle at about 6 years old was a great move. After a few years of shooting that, I took a hunter's safety course, and after that is when I was introduced to full sized rifles and shotguns as well as pistols.

.45s are nice, but expensive to shoot. I just happen to like the feel of 1911 models, so I grin and bear the cost. Pick your poison I guess.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top