JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll admit that to most of my acquaintances, I come over as being a mite odd, the kind of person you meet up with, chat a while, and then walk away, maybe thinking, hmmmmm, now what's he about?

Well, however odd I might seem, I do have one great thing going for me - I have some great friends, even at a distance - remote buddies, if you will. Sometimes we've had the opportunity to meet up and share some great times together, and sometimes the chances of ever actually meeting are slim, to say the least, but our contacts are greatly valued nevertheless. Like me and Frank over in The Netherlands - we never met, but we felt we knew each other pretty well, and there was great respect, one for the other

Things have not been easy for those of us who live here in UK who have tried hard to maintain any kind of business connection with folks in the USA who have become our friends over the years. BREXIT has been no friend to small businesses on both side of what would usually have been an inconvenient stretch of water and lump of land. To this end, many of us here have done without the things we would, prior to BREXIT, have been pretty much relegated to either picking up the phone, or just a simple buy now or buy-on-line.

However, over the years, I've been blessed with friends who are prepared to go the last mile to get around these problems, and my friends at Swiss Products have been foremost in this enterprise.

Helped out by my dear old pal Larry, now confined to a wheelchair for the foreseeable future, I got my Swiss Products over-bore mount this morning. I'll be fitting it this afternoon, and shooting with it tomorrow. It is probably the only one in the entire UK, and as such, makes one of my standard clamp-on mounts redundant. So if anybody reading this is in UK and fancies the standard clamp-on mount - send me a message here.

My heartfelt thanks go out to Pierre and Latigo, over there in Kalispell, and to Larry, just west of Portland OR, who also enclosed a bunch of little American flags for me to put on my railroad locomotives.

1660650555208-png.png

Odd, you say? I live in a metro area whose motto since at least the 1970's has been "Keep Portland Weird". If you ran down the street covered in peanut butter and jelly while wearing a tactical kilt and swim fins shouting "praise the alien overlords!" nobody would even notice.

They only put up with you because you're weird and they feel sorry for you.

Someone had to say it.
Ah, right. I did say that...

BTW, if you think I'm weird you need to meet the guy wearing the Tillamook hoodie sitting next to me in the movie seats. Not only is he a lot bigger than me, but he's already eaten ALL the popcorn.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top