JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IF the anti-gunners in Washington State get enough signatures to get an initiative on the ballot, I think it will fail for two reasons:

1. This will motivate the thousands of Washington State gunowners to get out and vote in such great numbers that it will not pass.

2. The anti-gun authors of the initiative will not be able to contain themselves, and they will overload the initiative with every conceivable control and restriction they can devise. This will make the initiative so onerous and draconian that it will not even get undecided voters to vote for it.

The initiative will be soundly defeated and it will send the anti-gun zealots into spasms of blaming everyone but themselves.

I hope that your optimism is correct, but I would rather not take any chances. I'm sure all of the dead people will be voting FOR any new gun control. Of course they will be against guns, that is how they were killed, right? It only makes sense.

Several years ago the anti's tried to add a mandated training requirement to RCW 9.41.070 (to obtain a CPL). Failed 30% yes, 70% no. (sorry, can't find the original on the sec of state's web site anymore)

I suspect the proposed present initiative will fail at about the same percentages. I do not want to have to waste the money informing the public about they were really trying, but it would not hurt. I think a 30/70 or better failure would be a very good thing...as it would send a big message across the US....remember, WA is a solid blue state.

Really hard to say - I think an off-election-cycle vote will be in our favor since voters who show up will be passionate about the issue, and we probably have more passionate/determined/single-issue voters on our side.

I really hope it fails by a large majority in WA. Hopefully that would send a message to the anti's here in OR. With all the liberals in Portland and Eugene, it would scare me to see it on an OR ballot.

I do not like that we would put any gun rights up to a popular vote of the people, or even our elected represenatives.

I like the follow the U.S. Constitution and BOR's theory.

If this does make it to the ballot, we need to pitch in TIME and MONEY to get the word out among gun owners and non-gunowners to make sure this and any anti gun bill fail.

What was I-676 or something about locking up your guns, the devil was in the details and the polls all had it passing up until a few weeks before the vote, then it became too close to call. Election day comes and it is voted down by a huge margin.:)

As much as I dread an initiative, I also welcome it.

I don't think the voters of this state are nearly as dogmatically anti-gun as the Authors of this bill think they are.

I know, I know. I'm a cynic when I say it not who votes, but who counts the votes that matters (think that was Stalin. After two Gov races with at least one being hinky and now voting by mail - heck even the dead can vote from the cemetery - I think it could be trouble to believe in a objective vote. Just the media circus would be overwelming.

I do hope they keep in some of their planned stuff like home checks which would blow it out Constitutionally in our State.
Butch

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads