JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a running thread here on the drama surrounding the Rare Breed FRT trigger. I didn't want to hijack the thread with a "what if."

• If, by some slim chance, RB prevails in court and they keep making their trigger systems, where do you see the industry going with the technology?
  • Do you think it will be a somewhat common device or linger on in the fringes? Will some rifles come from the factory with such installed?
  • Do you see any impact on transferable machine-gun prices, etc.? (Most of the crap that simulated full-auto fire had little impact that I could see, but this is a different device than most, in that it appears to actually work.)
Thanks for sharing.

P.S. For the record, no, I don't think they are going to win. The BATFE has a long track record of pointing to an object and saying "that's a machine-gun" and it sticks. Not saying it is impossible, just unlikely.

If they succeed. There will be others. For other firearms. Like binary triggers.

Not too sure if more companies will pop up. Though currently 2 more forces reset triggers have popped up.

I don't see them impacting select fires. Those still operate different and most can be much better than these.

If they do win, it might just be borrowed time. IE one gets used in a shooting and put into the spotlight of our lovely political clownish overlords.

I'm fairly certain that if they succeed that Chuck Scummer and his crowd will be soiling themselves prior to passing some onerous legislation that our Tard in Chief will gladly sign into law.
I hope to have purchased one or 2 in the narrow window between court decision and and new law

I have long held the notion that if some folks want to get rid of firearms / the 2nd Amendment...

All they need to do is outlaw all the extras like parts / accessories / ammo or make them damn impossible to get though various regulations and requirements.
Such is the case here with these triggers.

I have no use or interest in said triggers...but I also have no wish to see them banned.
Once one firearm or firearm related item is banned....it makes it easier to ban another and another....
Andy

I think IF they win, many companies will want to get on the gravy train. You'd have $100 PSA units and maybe $1k Geissele units. I do not think they WILL win. I also think once the people who want them have them, the market will dry up awfully quick.

I'm all for a Glock version! Glock go bbbrrrrrrrr!
Two is 1
One is none.

ho7j0h4rxap31.jpg

Zero doubt in my mind that if they win a couple things will happen. One there will be others. Two as soon as some "high profile" shooting happens with one a few law makers will be fighting each other to get in front of any camera they can find to wail and scream. Of course places like Chi town will still have daily slaughter that will be ignored while they scream about this trigger. :s0054:

I dont think we have to wait for them to win.

I think triggers like this and other designs we've seen have such a hard time finding a use as a superior trigger somewhere between semi and auto that they end up being expensive novelty items. It be nice to have more gun innovation in general, but I don't see myself buying these other than as a fun experiment

I think triggers like this and other designs we've seen have such a hard time finding a use as a superior trigger somewhere between semi and auto that they end up being expensive novelty items. It be nice to have more gun innovation in general, but I don't see myself buying these other than as a fun experiment
Well. Think of them as "the ROF of a machine gun without the tax stamp or one of those FFL SOT licenses".. while still being Semiauto and possibly more accurate than a plain jane full auto.

In fact, that ROF thing is why the ATF issued the C&D order, although to whit, the ATF does not have publicly known examples of the triggers to use as evidence; only the assertions of one of their Special Agents or someone in their Agency?

I
Well. Think of them as "the ROF of a machine gun without the tax stamp or one of those FFL SOT licenses".. while still being Semiauto and possibly more accurate than a plain jane full auto.

In fact, that ROF thing is why the ATF issued the C&D order, although to whit, the ATF does not have publicly known examples of the triggers to use as evidence; only the assertions of one of their Special Agents or someone in their Agency?
I'm curious if there's some actual learning curve data on just how superior any of these triggers are to semi auto, in trade off for added recoil below auto.

Who's to say, but good point.

The article I read said that the cease and desist also ordered the manufacture to come up with a plan for the triggers that have already been sold. If they do loose it should be interesting to know what happens to the triggers already sold? Is the ATF going to charge the current owners with illegal possession of a class III weapon if they don't surrender the triggers to the ATF to be destroyed?

The article I read said that the cease and desist also ordered the manufacture to come up with a plan for the triggers that have already been sold. If they do loose it should be interesting to know what happens to the triggers already sold? Is the ATF going to charge the current owners with illegal possession of a class III weapon if they don't surrender the triggers to the ATF to be destroyed?
Yes.
But CC transactions can only be traced back 2 years through a card processor.

So...

If WOT/FRT delete the system every 30-90 days on their end as the system should be setup to do automatically anyway.
The only way they can get records is for the past 24 months through a subpoena from the CC companies.
Not from the seller, And only then the CC Amount.
Not a specific item.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads