JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked these up from a yard sale cheap. Looks like smith wesson logo?

C87B0E7D-BD03-4592-9C9E-2A9C9B94FC1C.jpeg 5BE3C465-FC16-473D-A81C-0DA82F67FDA1.jpeg AF6235C2-B7A6-492A-AED5-649BCA29BAB1.jpeg BAC123A4-413F-4D3B-B29D-4D4E73B57A2A.jpeg 75DC34AD-AB55-4E93-AADE-98ACFE8C930F.jpeg

Hey, I found a few pieces of pristine .30-30 brass way up in the Tillamook Forest when we were mushroom hunting. It was so shiny and pretty. Had that brass around where I could see it for several years. ended up finally getting the rifle to go with it. 1941 model 94 last ARPC show this spring. What a great round that .30-30 WCF is. :D

Forgive me.....but I had to blow up the picture of the logo. And so.....well, something just doesn't look right. That being said.....IF it fits, that's usually good enough, I guess.

Yes, there was a time......when I removed the logo off of a set of Pachmayer grips and replaced them with the "heads" off of a cartridge case. And....I'm NOT saying.....that this is an example of that.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....on second examination. It might be GENUINE. Awwwww......hell. Just place them next to a KNOWN EXAMPLE and go from there. And, yes. It looks like a J Frame set.

BUT.....attempting to judge stuff just by looks could be deceiving.

Example.....close. But just based on looks. Nah....it didn't work for me. The S&W is on the right.

1658605143032.png

I thought that maybe I could use a J frame S&W set for this (below)? Hummmm.....S&W square butt grips with maybe a little modification? Maybe, it'll be "close enough."

Rossi-38-Sp-M885.jpg

Nah.....that didn't work either.

Last Edited:
Looks like , maybe , Smith and Wesson "J" frame grips....
Andy
I'd say your right. I have a pre model 36 and the height is exact as in the picture. However the base of the grips of the OP's appear to be for a square butt. Mine is a round butt. Also, my grips have the diamond around the screw .

I'd say your right. I have a pre model 36 and the height is exact as in the picture. However the base of the grips of the OP's appear to be for a square butt. Mine is a round butt. Also, my grips have the diamond around the screw .
J frame revolvers came with either a round butt :D or a square butt...
The diamond around the screw , was feature common at one time with earlier Smith and Wesson revolvers.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads